Da_Rebel

Just another guy
Mar 8, 2012
Sanger, TX
Welp, it happened. Just a hair over 100, driveshaft blew. Kinda scary, trucks seems fine with the exception of not going anywhere. Now just waiting for some buddies to call back and hopefully give me a tow back to Sanger :p

Anyone know of a driveshaft for a 2004 silverado 1500 crew cab for sale? Or a part number? I may have Inland Truck Parts build me one.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
no, I have no desire to dump money into the truck, and the 2pc goes with the truck for the right price, I am in no rush to sell it.

Seriously, if it doesn't sell by December I am lifting it up, or putting a lift on it and trying a new project out. I think we are buying a boat next year, so unless I get a Z71, the shitwagon will have to do. Only then will I sell parts

lablackice

Oct 23, 2013
I put a two piece from a 2005 ext cab in my 08 Sierra the only thing I did was a crossmember for the middle. I took my truck all the way up to 125 no problems whatsoever .

Da_Rebel

Just another guy
Mar 8, 2012
Sanger, TX
Yes, it was an aluminum one.

Inland Truck Parts is out. They had a 30 day lead time.

Next stop is the Chevy house, just going to walk in with my VIN number, hopefully it's enough for them to identify which driveshaft I need.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
Fuuuck. I drive over 100mph all the time and I has the 1pc aluminum one.
Now I'm scared to drive triple digits hearing shit like this.
But I'm stock height. Most of the stories I hear of people breaking me are on either lifted or lowered trucks. Fuckit, shit still gots me spooked now though.

Last edited:

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Unfortunately I was in a bad spot. No vehicle to get the DS to my house, an hour away from Dallas where they all are, and no time since I work nights. A buddy ordered mine and brought it to me in his suburban.

Da_Rebel

Just another guy
Mar 8, 2012
Sanger, TX
Fuuuck. I drive over 100mph all the time and I has the 1pc aluminum one.
Now I'm scared to drive triple digits hearing shit like this.
But I'm stock height. Most of the stories I hear of people breaking me are on either lifted or lowered trucks. Fuckit, shit still gots me spooked now though.

I only had 2" drop shackles on the truck. Ended up being $800 for the entire driveshaft assembly. Shipped out of Louisiana, will hopefully be ready for pickup Tuesday or Wednesday.