Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
So i'm stumped kinda. Been messing around trying to figure out where the fault is that's causing my left side running lights to work (any running light feature, the 194, the 3157, and the left side license plate light) Also, idk if it helps but the 194 and the 3157 blink at the same time on the left side, rather than blinking sequentially like they should.

Anyway, I tested every wire in the harness to the tail light, everything works fine
I thought I had power going to the junction box, so I replaced it today.. Turns out I don't have power to the junction box. I keep loosing the wire because there are two looms back there and I don't see how they hook up. In the middle of the truck there is some kind of little can looking thing that I thought went straight to the junction box but it doesn't. However I do have power to that brown wire.

I'm hopping someone has a schematic or something so I can see where that wire goes. It looks like it goes up in the frame and the other loom runs down the side of the frame. I know the brake wire goes up in the cab and connects under the dash, so I'm curious if the running lights do the same..

Thanks.

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
Well I took it to a shop because I i couldn't figure it out/ it's raining today/ I need it fixed. They called and said its the bcm..? Seems kinda strange. When I bought the truck I bought a 2 year warranty and that is covered under it so I told them to let her eat

Sent from limp mode cat eye.

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
Well what the fuck apparently the bcm is not covered????

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
Bcm & reprogram is $$$

There goes part of your trans money

I know, I'm pissed. I would think that it would throw codes for the bcm though? I mean fuck for 600 dollars ill just splice the wire off the passenger side to the drivers side.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

ABORT.

called them up, told them not to order new bcm. I'm going to run wires from driver side to passenger side. roll pan goes on next weekend and i only have one tag light on that. fuck paying 600 bucks if the only thing wrong with the bcm is the left side lights. still not 100% i believe that.. i feel like he got tired of looking around and figured a new bcm would fix it.

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
So if you tell them to replace the bcm and it doesn't work do you have to pay for the bcm? I would tell them to suck my nuts.

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
if i told them to fix the bcm, and it didn't work.. i would not be paying for the parts or labor or anything they did. I'm sure they know its not the bcm, they just want more time to look over it and billing me for a new bcm will cover it and them some.

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
Do you think that not being able to turn my lights off is related? Like I have auto lights and when I turn the dial down to off they stay on

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
you'd need to disable the auto lights for the switch to work, at least thats how it is on my nbs. press the little dome light button a few times till you hear a ding, then can use the headlight switch.

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
you'd need to disable the auto lights for the switch to work, at least thats how it is on my nbs. press the little dome light button a few times till you hear a ding, then can use the headlight switch.

But I could turn them all off before.. Like nothing but the brakes would light up

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
Well I just left the gym and it's dark so I hit that button like a billion times, never heard a chime but now I can turn them off lol... So much for that idea