Discussion: 2003-2007 GMT800 (NBS) LED cluster conversion

From the description it does, but not as a solid color

Even the video doesnt show it. I want rgb's but If it doesnt include white ill have to search else where. Ive emailed them now waiting for a response

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Then I would just wire it to the led strip, run the wiring out the back of the cluster and have it come out at the bottom of the dash. That way you can have the controller hidden but still accessible.

Alright so after re reading all of this i think i know what im gonna do. But if I use this certain inline contrller will my stock dimmer still work?

Yes, so long as the led strip is getting power from the cluster where a light would go, your dimmer will work.

My cluster is holding up great. I am a little disappointed in the wide angle leds I used in the rest of my interior though. Many have burned out or are flickering and I will have to redo them. Did I not use a big enough resistor or are the LEDs garbage? They lasted about a year.

I found if you use the soldering points for the trans temp gauge its the easiest to route the strip around the cluster that way.

Im gonna need to run the wires out of the cluster and to the bottom of the dash then back into the cluster but I will be using the trans temp points for power, and that inline controller will work with 5050 rgb 300 led strips right?

Last edited:
My cluster is holding up great. I am a little disappointed in the wide angle leds I used in the rest of my interior though. Many have burned out or are flickering and I will have to redo them. Did I not use a big enough resistor or are the LEDs garbage? They lasted about a year.

You can buy these LEDs from the UK that don't need a resistor as they have a forward voltage of 12 Volts.

Sent from the 4.hate using tapaturd

You can buy these LEDs from the UK that don't need a resistor as they have a forward voltage of 12 Volts.

Thanks, I'll look into it. They don't need a resistor or they are internal? I know a few spots I had to get fancy with the resistor and LED placement to get it to light up properly.

They don't need a resistor. The LEDs themselves are designed to run at 12volts.
3cd61cb9f988b22e0e578a88447286f7.jpg

So i just finished doing this with a rgb led strip and everything works great except my odometer, the prnd321 lights up but the screen showing the odometer does not any ideas?