Dirtmafia's 2500 HD - It's Never Done.

Safe Travel > Most travel.... Out with the old and in with the new!

Mine doesn't overheat OR break uppers in the dunes :D oops.....too soon?

limitstraps.jpg

EDIT: Well apparently there is not enough room to drill into the upper shock bucket for the threaded clevis with a 2.5" shock in there :down:.....back to the drawing board....

Updates to come.

Damn, its been a while....... LOL

Finally got my front straps dialed in, ended up making a nifty little clevis at work for the bottom that fits in the stock swaybar hole. I also just welded a bung to the frame and came straight down with the clevis hanger.

The clevis has a spring because at full bump the metal tabs of the strap are perfectly parallel and contact each other, the spring allows the clevis to travel upwards ~1.75" in the bung to avoid bending/breaking either of the strap tabs. While not in contact the spring keeps enough tension on the clevis stud to prevent rattling.

photo10.jpg

photo9.jpg

Its strapped at ~11" of travel which is what I was aiming for. I suppose you could say the front end is pretty much done as far as my tow rig/ chase build is concerned. :high5: ( Its been a long time coming) The CV's have a bit of bind at ~11" so I might have to strap it at 10" or start grinding some of the CV inners to allow for more misalignment.

The rear is getting strapped as we speak, also getting the 2.5" shock treatment (which means my 2.0 12's Resi's are for sale )
Pics to come.....

Been almost a year :facepalm:

Well....The rear limit straps have been done for a long time ( and fully stretched out now :crazy:) I tried to keep it as basic as possible.

Then I got to thinking about the back of the truck again....and how much it would really love a set of Deavers, air bumps, bypasses, possible bedcage,etc...So I started acquiring parts at work.

Cromo Bumpcans for the air bumps.

Then I realized that the " Traction Bars" need to come off, which would normally be a take off and scrap or give to someone cheap type of thing.

But when you work where I work, you have some really bad influences around you all day, some are on 4 wheels, some are on 2 feet, both equally bad.
Removing my bars leaves me with ~8 feet of tube, TIG'd in 1-1/4" Tube adapters, Massive 1-1/4" Johnny Joints, Link bracketry, and Grade 8 Hardware :cheeky2:

:thefinger: SFA

The idea is to use as many of the products that my work manufactures as possible. Most of it is for the Dodge platform which would be nice down the road as far as off-the-shelf replacement options, and keeping the cost low on the build. 12" 2.5 Coilovers in the front, with the deaver setup in the rear should be a TON of fun.

This however will take time, I currently do not even drive the truck enough to keep the battery charged, this is why...

Yeah, I bought a 2nd Miata and built it up, but it gets better. Right as I was "done" with the red one my GF's car dies and she wants Cinnamon ( yeah, she named it). Anyways, long story short I found a great deal on a blue hardtop miata and picked it up and am currently building it up to run some track days and local autox events. She drives the caged red droptop, and I have the blue hardtop, its pretty fun.

The 3rd Miata :crazy:

Its on 15X8's,Falkens, Coilovers, Corbeau seats, crow harnesses, 10lb flywheel, currently just dd'ing it for the ~30 mpg

Updates to come...

long time no see.

Yeah, about that lol. Switched jobs, had some new roommates move in, went through a few miatas, normal life crap :hmm: I wish it was more exciting sometimes but its handled and done now I suppose.

wow looks like a fun truck !!!!!!!!! would be fun turbo'ed ( < new word) :canuck:

Yes it would haha. I had a supercharger on it, had some spray on it, both had their highs and lows but both are removed now. If I ever did anything again it would be a fun little 76mm turbo or something along those lines. My go-fast bug is pretty well taken care of at the moment with the Mazda's, it's a whole different world.

looking good! Silly question but is there any risk of the strap touching the CV and wearing? I know it would take a LONG time but though I would ask.

Truck looks amazing BTW

Can't wait to see it with the SFA. Hopefully you keep the thread updated as I plan on doing the same in the future lol. Love the truck