cordude64

Dec 2, 2012
Shreveport
Hey guys I was just reading some stuff about throttle response for my Ford 5.4 and there are a lot of guys out there saying they did this little trick and it gave them great results. Been used on Fords GMs Dodges even bikes and stuff so I thought I'd post it here and see what y'all thought or if any of y'all have done this. Apparently you can turn your key to the on (not cranked) position and slowly depress the gas pedal then release it quickly. Do this three times and it supposedly resets something (I'm not very engine savvy) :bleh: but a ton of guys have said its helped their engines feel more peppy coming off the line and even improved gas mileage in the city. Give me your thoughts... :D

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
LOL. Was gonna say what Cheenz said.

As far as helping performance? You'd probably see the same results from taking a big dump before getting in the truck just to shave a lb or two... Should give you about 0.00001s in the 1/4.

cordude64

Dec 2, 2012
Shreveport
Y'all are talking about cycling the engine without it turning on. I'm not talking about cycling the engine at all just turning the key to the on position.

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
.. Pressing the gas three times does nothing but what cheeny said. It resets the oil life for after you change your oil so the truck/ecu know. And nothing else.

Whoever said they get better fuel and response.... Is.. Well.. A dipshit. Where'd you hear that?

sent from your HTC Rezound

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
I understand what you're saying and how it's different from the oil reset just wonder if its a noticeable difference if there is one.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I hear the green colored blinker fluid really helps pick up a tenth or two because of the low viscosity and high sheer factor.

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Green is the ford version, purple is for GM trucks :read:

This. You can only run the green if you have led turn signals because the heat. Ford fluid is lighter and thinner, yes. But the stock gm bulb will surely heat up and burn the fluid up if you are ever stopped at a red light trying to turn

sent from your HTC Rezound

Last edited: