Fourstar07

Jan 23, 2011
looking for a real sleek tonneau cover, anybody got a few ideas for the ex cab?

i want it flush with the bed, firm so it doesn't make any noise ratteling down the road, easy to use and fucking good looking :brettaf:

Big Tex

slowly but surely
Jun 25, 2012
Dallas, TX
DFW roll n lock or pace Edwards if I had money to blow but for now I have a tri-fold vinyl from Smittybilt. cost $300 and I love it. I don't keep much in the bed besides a few straps and a cheap light and any theif with at least a little common sense would go for that strange door-like thing on the back of the truck that allows access to the bed. If someone wants the $8 worth of straps and a $1 magnetic light that bad, they can have them.

spend $300 and be happy. Don't leave a laptop or tv etc in the bed.

Smittybilt® - Chevy Silverado 2004-2006 Smart Tonneau Cover

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I spent $300 on mine...buy used and be happy. Wouldn't leave anything of importance back there ever, regardless of construction and cost! I keep my spare, ratchet tie downs and that's about it.

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
I like the roll ups, but I want full use of my bed. I like my bakflips, but makes shaved gate impossible. My boss just ordered one of the peragon covers. Seems pretty legit to me.

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Only thing ive ever thought a locking cover would be good for is traveling. Cab fills up FAST even in my old crew cab with just 2 people's shit for a week. I have an access roll up on the 88. Doesn't make much noise but that could be realative to the truck also.

Bootstrap

:nosewhat:
Feb 8, 2012
OKC
I was really lucky to get my Roll n' Lock for $250 sprayed with bedliner used from a truck accessories shop. love that thing. I'll put one on every truck I own. You just can't beat them. Almost waterproof, security, and a sleek look. You only lose like 10" of bed space too.

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
I have extang full tilt. It's a roll up style with struts on the gram that allow it to tilt up. Awesome design but I had to do some custom weatherstripping to make it waterproof but that is only because mine is tool box cut

Sent from my potato

Big Tex

slowly but surely
Jun 25, 2012
Dallas, TX
If I ever need to use the whole bed, the cover comes off in like 20 seconds. Just one clamp in each corner. Hell, it used to switch trucks all the time when I had the 2500 and one weekend my brother wanted to use it. It's ease of installation/removal is the main reason I bought that style.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I have yet to haul something that was completely impossible with my roll n lock, but then again, it isn't a work truck, and I rarely load it down with shit, and I have access to 5 other trucks and 3 trailers if need be. Even with the cc bed being small, thing about it, how many big ass couches, 10ft poles etc do you plan on moving?

Big Tex

slowly but surely
Jun 25, 2012
Dallas, TX
My only problem so far has been my four wheeler but as I said, the bed cover comes off quick. However, I typically put the four wheeler on our trailer just because I'd rather pull a trailer than have the quad in the bed.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
my cousin's Honda Rancher fits in his CC with the same roll n lock, and he is a general contractor by trade...just sayin. His truck is ALWAYS loaded down with parts and material, and then takes the quad home from the lease in the bed if he leaves the trailer home.

Big Tex

slowly but surely
Jun 25, 2012
Dallas, TX
I can still get the quad in the bed with the bed cover folded up. Or I could unclamp the other two clamps and pull it off. Simple

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
when i get another truck i wont be getting another tool box ... trucks with tonneau covers look so much cleaner but i will be getting a solid 3 or 4 flip one because you can put shit on top of it if need be.....