Dat new job

welsh907

Rehabilitated Member
Apr 3, 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
Needed something to pick up some of my extra time, so got hired on at a local chassis shop here in anchorage.

Some pics of some of the stuff were working on.
azy7y8ur.jpg

5a5atuve.jpg

a3eqa9u2.jpg

qyqada9y.jpg

uhe8a3a8.jpg

geduva6y.jpg

Project I've been working on for a week and a half now. Been slowly learning how to tig
ahaha6yp.jpg

tebe6ehe.jpg

Still trying to learn about tig welding itself. As of now he kind of sets me up with rod and settings and lets me work.

Was gonna say, even chassis shops need people to clean the toilets and take out the trash.

:better:

Btw, dafuq is this "free time" you speak of? Is that what y'all call that crazy 24 hour daylight thingy?

Haha yeah. Winter is coming, and there's not much to do, so I want to learn and build here and have it as a skill. I figure by the summer I should be half way decent and know how to set everything up.

Last edited:
looks like a good way too spend this free time ....where in the fuck do you find free time and can you send some over here ?

That's awesome dude, would love to get hired on at one of the local hot rod shops here. I don't have the time to commit to that tho and don't have enough skillz to get straight hired on :eek:kay:

thats pretty cool. how do you guys deal with the forever daylight and not fuck up your sleep schedules or whatever? gotta have some dark blinds.

When are you building yourself a full toob chassis?
I did most of the welding on my race truck. Technically as soon as I fully learn how to tig, I could do a full chromoly chassis.

That's awesome dude, would love to get hired on at one of the local hot rod shops here. I don't have the time to commit to that tho and don't have enough skillz to get straight hired on :eek:kay:
My skills are really all what I've learned from forums and just trying. Luckily this guy is pretty patient and knows what he's doing and is willing to teach.

What's your other job Welsh?
I have three.
I work part time at our family owned transmission shop. Run parts, pull tranny's, ect.

I'm also an assistant project manager for an oil company here. I basically plot out schedules and routes for rig supplies, what all is needed, what all is wanted, and I get to read and sort complaints.
Most used complaint.
"It's cold and there's no beer or tittes"
Dead serious

thats pretty cool. how do you guys deal with the forever daylight and not fuck up your sleep schedules or whatever? gotta have some dark blinds.
I have dark black curtains, and my window is right at ground level, so I don't get a whole lot of light anyways.