Dat LBZ

All braced up.
1375408082.jpg

1375408089.jpg

Anyone run the transgo jr kit? Said its supposed to help the trans up to +120hp.. thats the biggest tune i have for now.

Looking at Boost and EGT gauges.. Drive pressure or fuel pressure totally necessary? I dont plan on doing much more to the truck performance wise, unless i get trans beefed up.

1375661193.jpg

We have the transgo kit in my brothers 6 speed truck. It definitely helps, and all the tuners around me agree its good up to 100 hp

Also, how/ why did you modify the up pipe?

Because I deleted the EGR system. Instead of buying a LB7 up pipe, I just cut off the pipe/flange for the EGR and welded it up, and basically have a lb7 up pipe for free, and 10 minutes of my time.

I had a trans go jr in my lmm. Wasnt a very noticable difference in the truck, but again like everyone says, It helps the trans.

120hp tune is def on the larger side of safe tuning IMO, have plans for a lift pump to save the factory cp3?

I loveeee it.

Got my new DSP5 switch in today. Got it all setup and took decent pics in case anyone else wants to do it. I've only found a couple pics showing how someone else did it and didn't like how he talked about doing it. Using epoxy, part of a pen or some shit.

Took apart cig lighter. The metal knob knurls were filed down a little and "pressed" into part of the cig lighter sleeve. Then everything else was ground down to the height I wanted and tacked it all together. Pics are fairly self explanatory.
1376015789.jpg

1376015797.jpg

1376015804.jpg

1376015876.jpg

1376015809.jpg

Little stiff going into the number 3 tune. Need to file that weld a hair more.

I had dsp5 in my lmm, was a great setup. I had duramax tuners, who you using?

Good place for switch, My crew cab has a fuel pump cutoff switch located behind cigarette lighter, I cut it all down etc. Looks totally stock when the keys out, cannot tell there a cutoff behind there

Anyone run the transgo jr kit? Said its supposed to help the trans up to +120hp.. thats the biggest tune i have for now.

Looking at Boost and EGT gauges.. Drive pressure or fuel pressure totally necessary? I dont plan on doing much more to the truck performance wise, unless i get trans beefed up.

1375661193.jpg

that's a mint idea for the DSP5 and clean looking d-max.

As for trans go jr, IMO it's a waste of money. I'd spend the extra and get the full trans go shift kit, deep pan and all new internal filters. In the event u plan on doing a built tranny down the road, that is one less thing u need to buy and install.

I know you want to keep it all looking stock but I run the Edge insight for monitoring everything and really like it. I have intentions to move it from a pillar into the dash but I have so much going on right now that it's the least of my concerns. Just a though.

Samezees. I had a edge CTS in my truck too, you cna buy them cheap used on the diesel sites, dont run their tunes, just use for data display. I sold minefor like 300$ i think, and was great piece of mind while pounding and towing

decided against the edge for now.

Tapped DS manifold. seemed like a much more logical solution then routing the probe wiring all over the engine bay. And it wouldnt reach on PS side.
1376789078.jpg

1376839347.jpg

1376839349.jpg

1376839236.jpg