DARKNESS IS SPREADING!!! - NNBS Sierra Denali

The coilovers were about 1200 shipped and the wheels are repros I found on eBay for $1k. I had a lot of trouble installing the coilovers and just got really busy with other stuff. I bit the bullet and just had them installed at a local shop. I need to get tpms sensors put in though. It needs to be adjusted to raise the front a little bit because it has a very small rub at full lock. It rides a little bit more firm than the factory ride and there is a slight humm while driving from the tires but that's to be expected from a lifted vehicle with aggressive tires tread. I need to install my big 3 kit, paint and install the replacement Denali grilles I ordered. The box for the subs will be done by next weekend and shouldn't need to have the seat lifted (hopefully).

Swapped out the alternator with a 250amp alternator, new belts and the royal (purple) treatment.

IMAG0050_zps55i8eygp.jpg
please loom those red wires

but truck looks sexy

play with your ride adjustments, typically takes a day of riding around to get a good feel for it. I always start firm and go down on softness personally. Start all the way up and back off a few clicks. Some instructions say start off around medium...

play with your ride adjustments, typically takes a day of riding around to get a good feel for it. I always start firm and go down on softness personally. Start all the way up and back off a few clicks. Some instructions say start off around medium...

These coilovers do not have a "ride adjustment" only a height adjustment.

I have been looking for some info on people with the 8w7's in a NNBS. I just placed a few orders last week for basically the same setup you have, kinda funny. I just came across this thread searching for "NNBS 8w7 enclosure" so I had to register here. Did you ever get the new box/seat raised? How do you like the Focal's?

I'm gonna be running a single 8w7 with some focal 165as/ac (I think the newer version of what you have) front and rear off an alpine pdx-v9. I'm expecting everything to get delivered next Wednesday and then I will hopefully start building a box or finding someone to do it for me since I'm lazy.

Thanks

Last edited:
He said he was building a new box that would fit properly, I don't think he has to raise the seats, but hopefully he clears it up for you.

welcome, make an intro thread too!

Looks good man. I've herd the icons are stiffer at lower speeds and a little softer at highway speeds.. You know around what you have yours set at? 2.5-3"?

Sent from Tapashit

Right now Im using the GMOS LAN 12 module to hook up the head unit and it seems to work well so far. It was a very tight squeeze to get everything including the RCAs to fit. I got the box wired up and installed. It sounds good and doesnt hit the floor (down firing box) during full excursion.

The suspension is probably sitting at 1.5 or 2" and probably needs to be lifted some more because it rubs a little bit on full lock.

I picked up a new denali front grill and hood trim and will have the outer ring painted black to match the body color.

Right now Im using the GMOS LAN 12 module to hook up the head unit and it seems to work well so far. It was a very tight squeeze to get everything including the RCAs to fit. I got the box wired up and installed. It sounds good and doesnt hit the floor (down firing box) during full excursion.

The suspension is probably sitting at 1.5 or 2" and probably needs to be lifted some more because it rubs a little bit on full lock.

I picked up a new denali front grill and hood trim and will have the outer ring painted black to match the body color.
What'd you do with the old one?