D1nman

Mar 27, 2012
West Monroe, LA
A good friend of mine is giving me what I owe on it. I don't really have a use for a truck anymore... I found dis and getting closer to picking it up this weekend if all goes as planned
20160109_131608_zpsstzgdyl3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

FreeWilly!

Mar 27, 2012
A good friend of mine is giving me what I owe on it. I don't really have a use for a truck anymore... I found dis and getting closer to picking it up this weekend if all goes as planned
20160109_131608_zpsstzgdyl3.jpg

Wot the fok?

D1nman

Mar 27, 2012
West Monroe, LA
... waits for pictures to surface of Daniel driving E63 AMG with head out sunroof and legs out window.

did jest. how would dis work. Who's controlling the pedals

It just all worked out too good not to do it. Got my truck paid for with 200k miles, still had over 3 years of payments to go on it. I'm getting the car for a few thousand under what they go for on Manheim auction, worst case the maintenance rapes me, after I recover I sell it for around what I paid. It has EXTENSIVE service records, all oil changes and services done on time.
I honestly was just fucking around with the idea, but I fell in love with the car after driving it and then I got approved on financing so

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
Ive looked into it before since one came up for trade for diesel truck.

it was the sporty addition, but yeah $260 for oil changes and putting premium in it everywhere wouldn't be great for me.

good luck with it though hopefully you dont break anything and get ass raped to get parts. #nolube

D1nman

Mar 27, 2012
West Monroe, LA
Ive looked into it before since one came up for trade for diesel truck.

it was the sporty addition, but yeah $260 for oil changes and putting premium in it everywhere wouldn't be great for me.

good luck with it though hopefully you dont break anything and get ass raped to get parts. #nolube

Well, oil change I'll do myself but I think the fucker takes 10 or 12 quarts. Filter is actually in a cartridge on the top of the engine so that shouldn't be bad. Transmission calls for one service throughout the life of it at 40,000, this one was done at 39,xxx. Brakes are the killer. Rotors are $500+/- a piece, pads $250-$400 a pair.

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
Well, oil change I'll do myself but I think the fucker takes 10 or 12 quarts. Filter is actually in a cartridge on the top of the engine so that shouldn't be bad. Transmission calls for one service throughout the life of it at 40,000, this one was done at 39,xxx. Brakes are the killer. Rotors are $500+/- a piece, pads $250-$400 a pair.

yeah true, id also daily it so putting 40,000 miles on it a year probably inst something thats recommended.

Ive also really wanted a fast luxury vehicle since Ive been watching top gear again.

FreeWilly!

Mar 27, 2012

If it's been so well maintained by the dealer continue and have it serviced by the dealer. Should help resale if you decide to get rid of it. Just me though

D1nman

Mar 27, 2012
West Monroe, LA
Also, I won't be racking miles out the ass like I was on the Denali. I work now 10-6:30 Monday through Friday so that cuts out almost all of the driving I was doing. Another thing I thought about, small thing but may help. My dad has extremely good connections with the Mercedes dealer in Plano, TX. has been knowing the shop foreman for almost 40 years. If it ever needed anything that absolutely had to be done by the dealer, I could probably get it done right for a little better price. Honestly, if I hadn't had gone and driven the car I wouldn't be getting it. I never expected a transmission to be so smooth. The whole car just seemed so solid

FreeWilly!

Mar 27, 2012
Also, I won't be racking miles out the ass like I was on the Denali. I work now 10-6:30 Monday through Friday so that cuts out almost all of the driving I was doing. Another thing I thought about, small thing but may help. My dad has extremely good connections with the Mercedes dealer in Plano, TX. has been knowing the shop foreman for almost 40 years. If it ever needed anything that absolutely had to be done by the dealer, I could probably get it done right for a little better price. Honestly, if I hadn't had gone and driven the car I wouldn't be getting it. I never expected a transmission to be so smooth. The whole car just seemed so solid

If you have an in with the dealer than why wouldn't you get it services there. Plus I'm sure when the time comes to sell it the next owner would want to see maint records for a car like that.

Tiki

Jan 23, 2011
The dream of a sweet luxo barge and the cold hard reality of preventative maintenance and depreciation... Do it while your young and broke.