Dakota's build thread

When it broke it pinched the brake line off enough that I still had very little brakes. Just enough to get it home without plowing into somebody lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

eventually it will dent it enough to have the clearance.

This is true but about that brake line though.........

Why didn't we think about that while we had the bed off?? Lol

Sent from Tapatwat

Because we were already working like 865 hours and delirious by that time :rofl:

...or just bust the brake line that runs on top of the rear end... Ask me how I know :eek:kay:

Exactly what I don't want to happen.

Last edited:
So mods have been slow, as usual. Recently started talking to Travis Ball from CMC. The dude that built this truck for those who aren't familiar. He is building a pretty wicked rcsb for his personal daily/racetruck. And he just so happens to have a whole frame with a 4 linked rear left over. Sooooooo, we made a deal on it. I haven't picked it up yet and won't for a little while longer but I did make a trip up there today and met with him/checked out the shop/traded front ends. Lol.

He wanted my 03-05 front for his truck and I wanted to change things up so we swapped. I'm really happy with it. Gotta get it painted still but I'm digging the change of pace.

Truck is still as dirty as old man toneh's mind :cheeky: so only a few pictures until I get it cleaned up tomorrow.

The dually. Absolutely blown away by the quality of this truck. Everything was so smooth and clean. Bottom of the cab/bed were bedlined and there were no wires showing at all. Every wiring harness under the hood has been relocated to under the center console. And the finish on those wheels is badass.

The shop truck. Travis dailys this truck so it was dirty lol.

TL;DR read it fgts

so you got a bare frame with the 4 link and everything already on it....
thats not a bad idea i might have to look into doing that

so you got a bare frame with the 4 link and everything already on it....
thats not a bad idea i might have to look into doing that
Yea it was on his rcsb daily. He had it 4 linked on coilovers with the front z'd 4" so he could have flat control arms at like 6" of drop. It's a sweet setup. Has a watts pivot. I'll have to buy new coilovers and he is gonna make me some new link bars. Also has a custom fuel cell.
Much excite
Me too. It was a cool trip. Super long but cool lol. I drove almost 10 hrs round trip today :rofl:

Few pictures of his personal daily racetruck.

Full frame, bodydropped, coilovers on all 4 corners, 4 link, twin turbo 402 etc. Engine has been dropped and moved back 6" (possibly gonna go further back), cab has been moved back to close up the bed gap, and front suspension will be setup so that the wheel sits centered in the fender well. That's all I'll say about it lol. Not sure how much info he wants going out until it's done. This is just stuff he's already posted about on fb.

Yea it was on his rcsb daily. He had it 4 linked on coilovers with the front z'd 4" so he could have flat control arms at like 6" of drop. It's a sweet setup. Has a watts pivot. I'll have to buy new coilovers and he is gonna make me some new link bars. Also has a custom fuel cell.
So you're going to use a rcsb frame on your ecsb?

Just the backhalf. From the rear of the cab, back. Debating shortening it and running a 5.5' bed but probably won't.

Just the backhalf. From the rear of the cab, back. Debating shortening it and running a 5.5' bed but probably won't.

Would just modify the undercab portion to fit ecsb and have the whole thing powder coated or something. Since you don't want to raise the floor on your current bed, might as well do a super short bed :imo:
Fuck I'll even sell you a shaved raised floor bed

Fuck yeah I love everything about this post. So much dfw. Running a shorter bed is an interning idea for sure ... And that new front clip looks great! Stoked for you bro

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

We'll see. Not sure I really want to swap everything over. I still have to buy $1k worth of coilovers for front and rear, coilover brackets, link bars, etc. Don't really want to have more in the truck than its worth and I'll be close by the time I get all of that stuff lol. It's not nice enough to ever be a show truck. And I want to have other projects soon. :lol:

Fuck yeah I love everything about this post. So much dfw. Running a shorter bed is an interning idea for sure ... And that new front clip looks great! Stoked for you bro

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
I'm gonna keep the idea in mind for sure. If I can find a clean bed that won't break the bank I may just go for it. I've had the idea for several years just didn't think it would ever materialize lol.
Short short bed would be tits magee
Imfo. I love the proportions.

We'll see. Not sure I really want to swap everything over. I still have to buy $1k worth of coilovers for front and rear, coilover brackets, link bars, etc. Don't really want to have more in the truck than its worth and I'll be close by the time I get all of that stuff lol. It's not nice enough to ever be a show truck. And I want to have other projects soon. :lol:

$250 a piece for coilovers? That seams pretty cheap

I meant to type over $1k. Lol. I think travis said he got his single adjustables for $500. Could be wrong though. I think Jared said his fronts were $750.

Ridetech rq series are $550. Hq single adjustables are $650 and triple adjustables are $1300. Since it's just a street driven daily driver making baby power, I'd just do the rq series.