Dakota's build thread

Yupp theyre pacesetters with a big ass Magnaflow. I was hoping they were clamped until he told me they were welded and had to be cut. Oh well, free headers are free headers lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Probably just get the pipe flared so it'll be slip fit and run clamps. Didn't get them til almost dark today so I'll work on it for a little bit before work tomorrow and Thursday and this weekend when I'm off I'll finish whatever I don't have time for. Dude was supposed to have them off Sunday but he was sick, then it was gonna be yesterday afternoon which turned into this evening lol. Can't complain because I still got a hell of a deal but damn, I wanted to have it all wrapped up by this afternoon.

Just weld flanges on each side. Bolt with stainless bolts and nuts. Cuz slip joint and clamps turn into a fucking nightmare when on the truck for a few. May as well just weld it

Just make sure to get the kit with a good gasket. If u get a thick gasket itll help from them sticking together.

And tony. That adds hp bruh

plans to clean them up any or just leave all that red shit on them?
Planning on cleaning the up lol
Just make sure to get the kit with a good gasket. If u get a thick gasket itll help from them sticking together.

And tony. That adds hp bruh
Word. I'll look into it.
Headers on yet :crazy:
:lol: I wish.
That was the initial plan. Probably have to order them though and I can't have the truck down too long. I was able to borrow my aunts Yukon until Friday when I'm off again but she needs it back then. So I'm hoping to get the headers on today or tomorrow and finish the rest of the exhaust Friday.

Headers on yet :crazy:

As of about 3.5 hours ago.. Yes! :cheeky:

Cleaning them up

Went to work on it about 2, just planned on cleaning them up and maybe trying to get 1 side in before work. Got them cleaned up, both headers on, everything but the plug wires on and cleaned up by 3:45. :notbad: probably take it to the zaust shop tomorrow. 4 out of the 8 fgt O'Reilly plug wires ripped, so I gotta get more.

Very impressed with the ease of installation and fitment to be honest. They aren't even really close to touching anything. Even looks like the driveshaft might clear.

Confirmed to fit low af 4x4 trucks now :rofl:
:lol: y pipe might be another story. Bish prolly gon scrape.
do you not have inner fenders?
Nah. Lol. Rubbed the hell outta them when I was like 6-6.5" so I pulled them out and apparently somebody thought they were trash :eek:kay: need to go get more and trim them so they won't rub. Probably gonna get oem lcas and go back up to 4.5-5" soon. Either 4.5/7 or 5/8.. Once I get the frame fixed right.