Cutting factory springs

you can mod the 17", many have, and it still gives you better geometry, I would still run MCG, I'm thinking there is a reason why their following is so huge, and why they have won so many awards.

Has anyone tried the suspension source brand coils??

I'm gonna guess and say they're reboxed belltechs since thats all they were selling for awhile

you can mod the 17", many have, and it still gives you better geometry, I would still run MCG, I'm thinking there is a reason why their following is so huge, and why they have won so many awards.

not the 17" spindle. The 16" mcg spindle is the one that has the awards. The tie-rod mount on the 17" mcg spindle is either too high or too low. I can't remember for sure, but it causes bumpsteer. the 16" spindle is the one that maintains stock geometry but some find it hard to install since it requires you to drill out the rivets on the lower control arm and relocate the lower ball joint.

Oh, my bad, I thought the 17 had too, well I will get the 16" since I have the damn ball joints replaced already!

For sure. If you have the rivets already drilled out then definitley get the 16". Tim doesn't admit that the 17's cause bump steer but if Brett sees this thread he'll probably come in with the exact facts and reasons. They've been going back and forth with each other on the other site about that topic. I know Joey told me he had terrible bump steer with the 17" mcg spindles.

it depends on how hot they get when cutting ive seen people go as low as 4 on stock springs and it would ride fine others have cut for 2 inch and it rode llike crap im on cut springs now replacing them this weekend with lowering springs

Guy finally emailed me back , picked up his mcg 2" coils, cut 1" for 3, for 40 plus shipping, works out cause I want to go 5/7, just need my spindles for the front

it depends on how hot they get when cutting ive seen people go as low as 4 on stock springs and it would ride fine others have cut for 2 inch and it rode llike crap im on cut springs now replacing them this weekend with lowering springs

I'm on 4" cut factory coils and it rides great :shrug: but Brandon did do mine and he's been cutting them a while.. I plan on going with ART arms when I upgrade to really nice so these will do for now..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2