CUB's Bagged Build...Question Heavy

it's honestly not as big a deal as you think to bag your daily. I did it and was only undriveable for 2 days. break everything down into small amounts, work with the most vital parts first.

start by setting up your air management. mount your tank, compressors, and get all your valves hook up. none of this has anything to do with impairing your ability to drive it now. Afmake sure everything works, compressors build air and shut off and the valves all work. check for leaks.

Now you can pick the next available day to remove the springs and install the bags and cups. this shouldn't take but maybe 4 hours if you have a spring compressor. maybe an extra 2 hours if you don't. since all your air management was done and working before you ever tore down the front, you just connect the airlines and you're on air in the front.

drive it until you get another day with 6-8 hours free and no plans the next day, just in case, and weld in your notch and cut the bed floor.

Now I suggest just driving without a bed for the time being until you get the link set up on. depending on your link setup, you can do some of this without removing the leafs which is extremely helpful. this will take the most time but should still take no longer than two 8 hour days even for a newb.

after you have this done, you just run the lines from the already working air management and BAM! you're riding on air. all you have left is to find time to cut your fenders and tub your bed if needed, but by now, you can just finish it as you get time.

it's honestly not as big a deal as you think to bag your daily. I did it and was only undriveable for 2 days. break everything down into small amounts, work with the most vital parts first.

start by setting up your air management. mount your tank, compressors, and get all your valves hook up. none of this has anything to do with impairing your ability to drive it now. Afmake sure everything works, compressors build air and shut off and the valves all work. check for leaks.

Now you can pick the next available day to remove the springs and install the bags and cups. this shouldn't take but maybe 4 hours if you have a spring compressor. maybe an extra 2 hours if you don't. since all your air management was done and working before you ever tore down the front, you just connect the airlines and you're on air in the front.

drive it until you get another day with 6-8 hours free and no plans the next day, just in case, and weld in your notch and cut the bed floor.

Now I suggest just driving without a bed for the time being until you get the link set up on. depending on your link setup, you can do some of this without removing the leafs which is extremely helpful. this will take the most time but should still take no longer than two 8 hour days even for a newb.

after you have this done, you just run the lines from the already working air management and BAM! you're riding on air. all you have left is to find time to cut your fenders and tub your bed if needed, but by now, you can just finish it as you get time.
Thanks man, i just need to man up, boss is supposed to be the one helping me but, kinda hard to find time when he runs a shop all day
and this guy ^^^ can give u his new link kit
Yea i got one already, and all my air management sitting in my room

He knows he can get them here, there, and yonder. What he is saying is he needs a map/diagram/it all laid out what EXACTLY he needs not "ehh, few PTC fittings here and some of this there". Looking for more of a

You need:
4 of item #1
6 of item #2
Etc,etc.

Or atleast that's how I took it. If that's not the case than ignore my post lol

The only thing he needs is the dick out of his butt so he can start doing work to his truck :read:

I sent him a text just now with numbers of what items. That should help lol. Did you already get your water trap and all that jazz?

He knows he can get them here, there, and yonder. What he is saying is he needs a map/diagram/it all laid out what EXACTLY he needs not "ehh, few PTC fittings here and some of this there". Looking for more of a

You need:
4 of item #1
6 of item #2
Etc,etc.

Or atleast that's how I took it. If that's not the case than ignore my post lol

Lol :worship:
I sent him a text just now with numbers of what items. That should help lol. Did you already get your water trap and all that jazz?

Nah, was gonna order them when I order my fittings

Last edited: