GingerCrew

Nov 16, 2012
Just west of DFW
On my way home from work yesterday and cruise worked fine, on my way to work this morning and nothing, first thing comes to mind is check the fuse.
Pulled the fuse box lid but I can figure out which one is for the cruise. Any help here?

Gannon

That Guy
Jun 10, 2012
Logansport, Louisiana
It could be a fuse. I'll throw this out there also. This was happening to my work truck and it turned out to be the brake sensor ( not sure what exactly its called), but its what turns your cc off when you hit the brakes. It's not depressing all the way, so the truck is reading you're hitting your brakes, hence why the cc will not come on. Try to kick your brake pedal from the bottom and see if it comes on then, that's what I had do for a while till I took it to the shop. Lol sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
Check every fuse labeled "SEO" like SEO1 or SEO2. Those are for "special equipment options" like CC, Power seats, etc.

And also check the brake switch like mentioned, and check your brake light bulbs. I have heard once before about a bad bulb causing the CC to not work. I have also heard many stories about LED brake light bulbs causing problems as well. But with the LEDs, it usually stops working the minute you install the LED bulbs.

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
What Wesley and Scott said, I changed the tails on the GMC to led ones and had all kind of issues with the cruise control. Brought it to a friend of mine and he said the brake switch was done for. Supposedly the control box on one of the tails were wired incorrectly and shorted the switch out.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Something's taking your switch out...

Try bulbs and such as Scotty suggested. Really covers all bases.

Andrew.

:hnnng:
Jan 20, 2011
Canadadia
As everyones mentioned above.

Also, double check 3rd brake. They have a tendency to blow fuses when a bulb is on its way out, also IIRC the ground for CC is routed through there as well.

Charlie

Mar 21, 2012
This is kinda off on a tangent but....

I was using a punch to get ready to drill a hole to mount a 4hi mod thingy under the hood of my 03. Hit the punch, it went flying out of my hand down between motor and driver side wheel, never to be found. Tried the 4hi mod and it didn't work and kept blowing fuses. I replaced all my fuses and returned the 4hi. Within a day or two my cruise quit working and this lasted for a month or two. One day I took my truck through a frozen chisel-plowed field that beat the shit out of my kidneys. From that day on to when I got rid of the truck over 4 years later the cruise worked like it should. Make your own assumptions cause idk what happened.

GingerCrew

Nov 16, 2012
Just west of DFW
Funny you say that, the nut that goes on the top of the front driver side shock flew off when I removed my drop shock, never found it either, doubtful that it has anything to do with the problem but a funny coincidence though.