Compressor Locations...

laidbackbigun

Jan 12, 2016
Bagging my truck over the winter, just wondering where everyone hides their compressors. Going with 2 viair 480's and please leave the "EDC FTW" stuff out of this. We know they are the bee's knees but this is about compressors. Thanks guys. Oh my plan is to still have exhaust run out the roll pan, so if anybody has ideas about that please feel free to share.

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
A lot of guys run their tanks and compressors in the spare tire area. I like the look of the compressors mounted inside the frame rails behind the axle.

A lot of it could be determined by how you plan on doing the bed floor as well. If you did a raised floor you could put the compressors under the raised section at the front of the bed and make an access door.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
You need to keep 2 things in mind, 1. keep the compressors from being doused in water. 2. Be cautious about the heat dissipation for the compressors. Since you still want to run exhaust all the way to the back of the truck, you need to run this first and mount the compressors and lines accordingly to keep them away from the exhaust. excess heat build up the killer of compressors. So without knowing your plans for you exhaust, that is the info I will add. If you can show the actual routing you plan to take on your exhaust, then we can make better suggestions.

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
You need to keep 2 things in mind, 1. keep the compressors from being doused in water. 2. Be cautious about the heat dissipation for the compressors. Since you still want to run exhaust all the way to the back of the truck, you need to run this first and mount the compressors and lines accordingly to keep them away from the exhaust. excess heat build up the killer of compressors. So without knowing your plans for you exhaust, that is the info I will add. If you can show the actual routing you plan to take on your exhaust, then we can make better suggestions.

I would add to put them so that if you need to change a compressor out they are fairly easily accessible.