Gmoney

Jul 25, 2016
Just installed my coilovers today. When you guys bolted up the trunion mount to the lower control arm, did you mount it on top of the arm or on the bottom like the stock shock mounts? I mounted mine on top and I'm thinking maybe it should be on the bottom like the stock shock. Any thoughts

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Top. And used two nuts. Way too much weight to do it on the bottom to trust that thing on the bottom with the trunion supporting all that weight. The old coils held weight in the lca

Gmoney

Jul 25, 2016
Just installed my coilovers today. When you guys bolted up the trunion mount to the lower control arm, did you mount it on top of the arm or on the bottom like the stock shock mounts? I mounted mine on top and I'm thinking maybe it should be on the bottom like the stock shock. Any thoughts

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Sorry for the double post. Ok I installed them yesterday with stock spindles and everything just trying to get 3 inches of drop like I had before. I had to turn down the collar on the spring to get the ride height down and it's still a half inch away from the 3 inch drop? I have an 850 spring, do I need to go a lighter spring? I'm about 1/4 inch from the bottom with the collar, is that bad or ok?

Moore

Feb 12, 2012
Maryland

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Sorry for the double post. Ok I installed them yesterday with stock spindles and everything just trying to get 3 inches of drop like I had before. I had to turn down the collar on the spring to get the ride height down and it's still a half inch away from the 3 inch drop? I have an 850 spring, do I need to go a lighter spring? I'm about 1/4 inch from the bottom with the collar, is that bad or ok?
Its probably going to settle. I had mine pretty damn close to the bottom of the collar for a while. I mean it might not get you exactly 3 inches either though dude this stuff is hard to get exact measurements out of

Gmoney

Jul 25, 2016
Yeah I was thinking it would settle some too. Not looking for exact but close to keep it in alignment as close as possible

Moore

Feb 12, 2012
Maryland
Just wait a week then get it aligned. I was reluctant about getting alignments and I paid for it in several sets of front tires. You aren't in the spot I am in where you have to go to a special shop to get it aligned so just go ahead and get it done, I put a new rack in my truck and did mine and it drove soooooooooooo much better.

Gmoney

Jul 25, 2016
It rides amazing!!! Just have to be careful when I jack up the front end and lower it down when the tension is off the coils. Looks like tire changes are done at home now instead of the shop lol

Gmoney

Jul 25, 2016
Yeah man it rides friggin great. So impressed that now I'm going to do a coilover setup in my roadrunner