Coilivers

JoshRA

Mar 30, 2012
DFW, Texas
Anyone in the dfw area know how to install coilovers? Im picking up a set tomorrow and was gonna see if i could get some help installing maybe. I might have a shop do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats the plan jimmy. Im dropped 2" upfront right now and 1.5" in the rear and plan to atleast level the rear with the front but for the meet ima bottom em out at 3" drop. Should be tuckin tire then.

Know what struts are? Coilovers are basically an adjustable strut. I will be able to adjust these coilovers anywhere from 1" drop to 3" drop with the turn of a "key"

In the same sense its the same thing. And im not sure. I will be getting them tomorrow after work. I've heard mixed reviews on them. Im lowered on stock struts and shocks right now and the ride is pretty shitty and was going to spend about $600 on new struts and shocks but found these coilovers used for $280 and decided it would be worth the try.

So you got buddies that could help with the install? And i bought a set of racelands. Alot of people hate them and talk shit but the only people that do are guys that have never rode on them and the guys that have said they are fine unless your puttin down alot of power in that case they arent strong enough. But since i am more about being low than going fast i figured tryin out a set for $280 is well worth it.

There are a couple local guys running them, one being a little over 400hp mazdaspeed that hasnt had any problems with them. They are still under warrenty. Seems like its worth a shot. Down the road i'll end up swaping out for another mid grade set but at the moment i'd like to try em out. I dont mind being the guinnie pig sometimes lol

I feel ya...I did that with Cal Speed, and still overall happy for the price we paid. Not happy with my suspension though, and coming from a cheap ass, I wish I had just went spindles and 2" springs.

Haha well we can always have another "suspension build" meet for you.

And if i can get a few years outta them then i'll be happy. I just dont feel like dropping $600 on a set of shocks/struts for my drop when i want to lower more. And my springs i have now are the lowest on the market for my car so next step would only be coilovers

I will be going lower, just dealing with funds. First I'm taking the spacers off and cutting my front bumpstops, if that doesn't do anything for the ride coupled with new shocks, those are coming off, and MCG spindles and springs will be going on for 4/8ish