Cleaning Frame,Paint?

Peyton676

Mar 10, 2012
Le Boot
Ok guys im cleaning all the backhalf of my truck
What do you use to prep and what materials do you spray? im looking for a nice finish as alot will be visible with the bed open.
Are yall rattle can fans or spray guns? Looking for a paint to just stick and endure bare metal

a friend of mine stripped his frame recently, and put a couple coats of eastwood rust encapsulator and a couple topcoats of rustoleum gloss black enamel....he used a fine hair brush, and it turned out titties.

id use por-15 then top coat it with something like chassiscoat or another product that isnt sensitive to uv light if it is exposed. rattle cans only look so good. a cheap gun from harbor freight will give you a better finish than a rattle can. i have a devillbiss gravity feed and 2 binks hvlp pressure feed guns, one thats old school, one newer, but thats a good investment there

Por15 like cheeny said, do not half ass this, if it takes you longer to paint than prep, your doing it wrong

Im actually looking at cleaning it all perfect it out to take me one full day,wipe everything with wax and grease ,epoxy black primer it and then shoot black over it,as look as my prep is good it outta do good