clean pictars - miniphotoshoot

Andrew.

:hnnng:
Jan 20, 2011
Canadadia
my picture taking skills are beyond horrendous, so excuse the non artistic side of it. :shake:

anyways, cleaned it up and drove out to an ol building i found. rear bumper needs more up, but probably do that when I paint rear plastics.

honestly getting a little bored of it, hoping that interior overhaul this summer erases that. almost traded it in on a speed3 a few weeks ago :shrug:...

P4070011.jpg

P4070004.jpg
P4070015.jpg

P4070007.jpg
P4070016.jpg

P4070013.jpg

For the record... I want your fucking truck.

Since you think your photo skills are rubbish, here's just a few tips that I've found through trial and error.

P4070007.jpg

That's probably the best mug shot in the set. Just watch the shadows/reflections on the paint. You picked a non-distracting background which is good. The pic in your sig has a more-or-less uniform reflection across it, which is what you want, without weird shadows. Basically try not to get the shadow of the building on the truck...

Honestly? Try taking pics just as the sun sets. Provides the best pics :imo:

Don't be afraid to move the truck to get a better reflection on it. And something that helps too is using a tripod, especially shooting in lower light.

Here's an old one of mine that I think turned out pretty good... Focus on the reflections. The sun was oriented at ~ my 10 o'clock for reference.

Sierra00001Edit.jpg

EDIT: I just noticed that 5 gal. bucket behind the truck... shit like that is a distraction lol. Try to avoid that.

Last edited:
As ive stated before, awesome truck!! gay wheels though.lol
Thanks Pat for the pic taking advice, I too am a horrible photographer.lol

Thanks for all the compliments fellers! :)

EDIT: I just noticed that 5 gal. bucket behind the truck... shit like that is a distraction lol. Try to avoid that.

but I thought it was artsy :emo:

Great tips though dude. Will try to remember when I try again someday. :shake:

np. Your sig pic looks great because the reflections are clean and you don't have any weird shadows being cast on the truck... youe ven caught a reflection in the hood showing off that line coming in from the fender.