clarion issues

Reit38

Jan 23, 2014
having problems with my clarion. with truck in the ON position it turns right on ans plays music ect. soon as i start my truck the unit restarts, clarion welcomde screen shows and then goes black and "turns off" lights turn off no music plays. but i can still close the screen and eject a CD

any ideas?

What do you mean?

I'm using scoshe wiring thing for door chimes. Not sure what it's actually called

mine resets as well because its not wired to a constant 12v, but it powers up fine afterwords. it sounds like that reset is messing with your deck a bit, if not being wired wrong

No idea what this is installed in but my vote is the adapter has taken a poop.

I say something in your wiring or in your adapter, if it was the unit it wouldn't be such a constant thing off when it happens. Without knowing exactly what you have or what adapters are in there I can only assume an adapter is not acting correctly. Out of curiosity does it matter the length of time you wait to stay it? Meaning when you turn the key to the ACC position doors it matter if you stay right away vs. waiting a bit? You should have the same signals in ACC as you do running.

I know when I was trying it by turning key to run right away, It wouldn't stay running.
I would try turning to ACC, wait to see clarion come on screen, and music would start I would start truck. It flash the unit and that was it.

I would pull it all out and test it all individually cause right now we're all just guessing.

I used that scoche wiring adapter for my headunit. What a POS that thing was. I was always having troubles with the speaker on it popping and crackling, sometimes it wouldnt turn the unit off unless you pulled power fuse to the headunit, so i bought another, stuck the one back into the package and returned it, the one I bought was even worse functioning then the first one. Finally I said screw it and bought a PAC-99 or whatever it is and its been working flawlessly!

Haven't had time to tear it apart yet. Today when starting I left it on ACC for a few minutes before starting and it still fid the same thing Yates