dstetzo@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2015
can someone help me find chrome window sills for my 2013 crew cab Silverado ? Ive searched extensively on the web but all I find are products that show the rear door window sill ending bluntly before the radius of the window at the bottom right. It looks "stupid" and I dont know why the manufacturer didn't see the styling blunder. I would have continued the sill straight back to the end of the glass and sculpted in a radius rather than chopping it off they way they did. HOW CAN I OBTAIN THE LOOK THAT I WANT IN THIS SITUATION ?

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
David, you won't find much help with chrome sills here. I don't think anyone will want to search that for you. Best we can do is google, same that you used.

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
There is a reason you can't find them, it's because of the curve at the the end of the window. It's easier/cheaper to make a straight piece than to make one curved.

maxresdefault.jpg

I agree it looks horrible the way they just stop, but the trim itself isn't the best looking anyway. Most members here look for ways to remove the chrome instead of adding it to their trucks. If you like it, more power to you though.

dstetzo@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2015
If youre looking to avoid the "stupid" look. Stop searching for chrome sills in general....

Thanks Guys. I'm embarrassed. I may be on the wrong forum. I had a 2004 Silverado, dark red with black accents for 10 years. Now 2013 dark green Silverado with "silver" accents and to me, TO ME IT LOOKS REAL SHARP ! of course I'm 70yrs old and that figures in to my tastes now. I guess you wouldn't put white lettered tires on it either hahahaha. I was thinking of it. Hey whatta you expect I'm an old hillbilly. Not going to put window sills on it now. Thanks

TechieTruckGuy

3.5 EcoHell
Apr 10, 2013
Bakersfield , CA
Thanks Guys. I'm embarrassed. I may be on the wrong forum. I had a 2004 Silverado, dark red with black accents for 10 years. Now 2013 dark green Silverado with "silver" accents and to me, TO ME IT LOOKS REAL SHARP ! of course I'm 70yrs old and that figures in to my tastes now. I guess you wouldn't put white lettered tires on it either hahahaha. I was thinking of it. Hey whatta you expect I'm an old hillbilly. Not going to put window sills on it now. Thanks

Stick around. All of us are guaranteed to make you laugh at one point of another.

Sent from the 4.hate using tapaturd

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Stick around. All of us are guaranteed to make you laugh at one point of another.

This. We're all pretty relaxed around here. Even if your tastes differ (which is perfectly ok) we can always help point you in the right direction for what you need.

Any pictures of the old truck?

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
Hell, at the least we could reminisce about the time before all these young whipper snappers came around. :shrug:

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
Tony this guy is like 25 years younger than you :read:

Fixed.

And hell for 70 year old "hillbilly" you're a lot farther along with forums/internet/computers/keyboards than most your age. More power to you.

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
Yea my 62 yr old grandpa still can't figure out how to set up a Facebook.

(And I still love white letters out on a bfg all terrain lol)

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
LOL you took that one the wrong way.

We always bust BOO5TED's balls for being one of the more senior members around these parts. It's just a running joke.