Chris G's 1967 C10 Thread

heres the finished product (shes real spunky now and lays down rubber when you gas it from a stop and will burn rubber, only thing that needs to be put on is the kick-down (needs some sort of clip)

taken today bc i wasnt fortunate enough to be home when it got fully running (meaning i wasnt home when the original carb was put back on it and it started idleing and running right.)

yes i realize the yukon is realllllllly close, but its not touching.

SHES REBUILT!

Love them old Chevy's man! Nicely done on the motor.

Thanks man! Ill be taking a few shots of it tomorrow that ill post, im just happy its driving like a truck should (when we first got it there was little tricks and odd things youd have to do to keep it going, have to kinda pump the gas when your at a light to keep it running and pump it a bit to start moving bc if you just let your foot go on the pedal it acts as if it was gonna die! But all thats worked out!

Hey guys, have a 67 c10 with a freshly rebuilt 327 and it also has the 2 speed power glide tranny, the trans wasn't messed with when the motor was rebuilt.

I started noticing that while driving right before it shifts it acts as if its in neutral and the rpms go up then it seems to catch the gear and shift. Wasn't positive if it was due to the kick-down not being attached on the carb and perhaps its stuck or what the problem could be?

any advice would help!

Nice work, I need to get back in action and start working on my 68 and 69 again

Thanks, These things sure aare fun to tinker and work on!

According to some guys over on 67-72 chevy trucks forum i may be looking at a slipping trans........:ayfkm: right after the motor is freshly rebuilt the trans starts acting up

transmissions are cheap for these things. I paid $225 for a rebuilt turbo 350 trans down in So Cal. I have a 700R4 in my Panel behind my 454, and a 350/350 combo in my suburban

Chris I'm telling you, dump the glide for a 700R4 will make it that much better of a truck with a lower 1st and overdrive.

Should be able to find one at a decent price. I sold a 2wd 700R4 for $225 a few years ago and I had to about beg for that