02z71 Sierra

Mar 27, 2012
Maryland / New York
How terrible will they glare and blind the shit outta people in a stock housing?
Also, is there any problems with keeping auto headlights when you run hids?

Last edited:

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
I have 10,000K and the glare is fucking ridiculous with stock halogen housing. I get flashed a few times a night.

I haven't had a problem with the Auto Headlights and the HIDs since if my truck is in gear, they come on. I really do hate automatic headlights (DRLs) with HIDs cuz sometimes my passenger one doesn't come on and I can't tell during the day unless im behind someone.

I got mine from SimplyHIDkits.com. They are the generic chinese brand that are usually sold in numerous different packaging by different places.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

baldd86

Mar 9, 2012
I'm happy with my trs hids. They are nice zero problems since I have used them (about a month or two). I usually just bought ebay and they would last me about a year, or year and a half.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Faze

Feb 10, 2012
Yeah, I can get them at his cost for like $25 a set so I might try them out. Plus he said they offer him a year warranty on them and he has a bunch instock. Might just give it a shot. Question though, can you run the 55 watt bulbs with a 35 watt ballast or no?

nope, itll flicker

a-fuso

GMC Owner
Mar 28, 2012
CA
What company is everybody using now that v-leds is discontinuing their line? I've never tried DDM, but hear they're bad now, and I personally have spencer's and V-hids on my truck, just asking for my cousin who wants some.

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
Where is the best place to buy just bulbs? I need to get some for the GMC, I have plenty ballasts already.

yes DO NOT use DDM. I didnt know vleds discontinued their line...Id go with HIDgate.

Is HIDgate still on ebay somewhere? Can't seem to find them anymore.

**edit**
found them but have no items for sale. :iamdisappoint:

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
Where is the best place to buy just bulbs? I need to get some for the GMC, I have plenty ballasts already.

This. My ballasts work fine but I want to move down to 6000k. 10000k is ridiculous for all the country roads I drive at night.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Colton

Mar 20, 2012
Anyone know a good and decent priced kit? Seems like everyone I have used before has gone down hill or not selling them anymore. Im tired of messing with these cheap ass ebay kits.

Colton

Mar 20, 2012
What color are you running? I cant decide between 5k and 6k with colors being so different between different companies

Chance

Jan 15, 2011
12k vvme using for over a year or two now no problems.

I never get flashed because I aimed them down and I can still see at night / in the rain.

Chance

Jan 15, 2011
I had to get 808s I think or w/e the closest ones were at the time and just splice the wires. No problems still.