CGM Official 'Engine Bay' Thread

Cleanest by far. :crossarms:

Wreck2.jpg

What products specifically, I've heard of people using wd40...

Used to frequent a little "shade tree" detailer and he used wd40. Made everything clean and shiny as fuck. Looked immaculate. Just had an odd smell for a few miles due to him getting excited and spraying it all over my exhaust manifold.

WD40?! Why, oh why would you use penetrating/lubricating oil as a detailer?

Even store brand tire shine is a better choice than that.

It's not a lubricant at all.
I've used it to spray off my MX bikes before... get water out of areas where it can pool...

Yeah I shoulder have used lubricant, that was wrong. But it's just greasy, that's why is looks good and why mud won't stick to the bikes. I just wouldn't use it because of the greasy look

I'd say clean with a damp towel and then use tire shine if you really want a shiny finish.

I'd recommend a real plastic treatment though.

I used a damp/soapy microfiber towel to wipe down as much as I could and remove dirt, then shined all the plastic with meguiars plastic spray on a paper towel/scott shop towel

meguiars-natural-shine-protectant_4d2e768c4e706.jpg

I like most of their stuff. In and out spray is awesome for plastics. I use it everywhere except my tires, that I use svrt on.

Whooooweee!
What are the specs? Or do you have a build thread?
How much boost? Are you concerned at all with cracking the fast intake, or have you installed burst panels?

Whooooweee!
What are the specs? Or do you have a build thread?
How much boost? Are you concerned at all with cracking the fast intake, or have you installed burst panels?

"WAS" stock bottom end with head studs,stock 317 heads with springs and hardened pushrods. s480 turbo 1.32 ar ,5 " DP ,E85 , BOSCH 126# INJECTORS, DUAL WALBRO 450'S, fast intake , i fabbed the turbo kit . never made it to the track but hung door to door with my friends c5z06 that is vortech YSI supercharged that put down 815 to the wheels from a 40-130 roll or so on 18 psi ,so that tells me it was putting down some serious power lol. i later made a mistake on the wastegate and truck hit 26psi b4 the rods bent , so now im in the process of building a 408 for it. fast intake was fine till it backfire when it bent the rods, it ended up splitting the runners in the fast which wasnt a big deal being that they are ment to come apart for porting. but i em going to get a holly high ram intake this time around with lsa heads is the plan now.