bagged00

Mar 21, 2012
ill do a how to with pics when i get me a set of sierra lights to put on the truck.

bagged00

Mar 21, 2012
try to buy a qt. of paint reducer. the fact of the matter is rattle can clear as shitty. more then likely youll be able to wipe off the vht. itll take a little bit off scrubbing and probably will make the taillights hazy. so theyll need to be buffed or recleared. the audi had vht on it when i got it, wiped that off with reducer and then sanded and buffed.

James Pate

Mar 27, 2012
Margate, Fl
Hmm will have to give that a try, I tried just sanding it off but that didn't work to great. Stupid cheap easy mods that I did when I first got the truck that I wish I never did

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Dakota fix yours so I know if I can save mine
I was just fixing to pm you
try to buy a qt. of paint reducer. the fact of the matter is rattle can clear as shitty. more then likely youll be able to wipe off the vht. itll take a little bit off scrubbing and probably will make the taillights hazy. so theyll need to be buffed or recleared. the audi had vht on it when i got it, wiped that off with reducer and then sanded and buffed.
This, or I bought a can of aircraft adhesion remover (NOT PAINT STRIPPER- that shit will eat the plastic) just sprayed it on, let it sit for a minute, wipe off the vht, repeat a few times til it was all gone, then washed them real good with dawn dish soap and wetsanded with 1000 grit, washed again, let dry, sprayed with bulldog adhesion promoter, then a couple of coats of clear
IMAG0921.jpg

Did my third brake light too, its had vht on it for over a year and it all came off just fine

bagged00

Mar 21, 2012
came off fine cause rattle can clear sucks lol. has not uv protection what so ever. no build no nothing. i know that not everyone has access to automotive clear though.

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Yea, I could get it just don't have a good place to spray it..at least if I get trash in rattle can clear its an easy fix, auto clear it too fucking expensive to fuck up lol
We used to go through that shit like crazy when I was in school too :nono:

bagged00

Mar 21, 2012
i was gonna spray shit n my garage, just havent got regulator and air hose yet.

bagged00

Mar 21, 2012
if you think you did a heavy coat, then i know thats what your problem was lol.

James Pate

Mar 27, 2012
Margate, Fl

This, or I bought a can of aircraft adhesion remover (NOT PAINT STRIPPER- that shit will eat the plastic) just sprayed it on, let it sit for a minute, wipe off the vht, repeat a few times til it was all gone, then washed them real good with dawn dish soap and wetsanded with 1000 grit, washed again, let dry, sprayed with bulldog adhesion promoter, then a couple of coats of clear
IMAG0921.jpg

Did my third brake light too, its had vht on it for over a year and it all came off just fine

Awww yea!! there is hope for mine!

What would you recommend is the best Rattle can clear then?

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
If you have a paint supply store I would go there and see what kind of automotive clear they have in rattle can but If you buy some adhesion promoter and spray the clear right (not too dry but keep it consistent and don't run it) then a few coats and i think you would be fine with something from AutoZone like duplicolor clear imo

Stealth HD

Aug 12, 2012
Moore, OK
I personally like Upol Clear#1 in a spray can. Dries good, use it a lot on the insides of rear body panels, and radiator supports, it says it's uv resistant on the can, but it is a spray can after all...

If you do have access to an air compressor and gun and are doing a lot of parts a great clear to look at is Deltron DC2000 with the DCH2015 hardener. At 85* it's dust free in less than 5 minutes, and dry to the touch in less than 15 minutes, buffable in 30. It is more expensive, but great stuff if you're working out of a garage. At 90* and above it's even faster! Two back to back medium coats and you're done.

James Pate

Mar 27, 2012
Margate, Fl

IMAG0921.jpg

Well attempted mine with the aircraft remover and it should be call taillight remover lol started to eat away at the plastic so looks like I am just going to be ordering new ones now

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
How long did you leave it on there for? You can't leave it very long, just spray some wait a second and wipe it off then repeat until clean..try wet sanding the light with some 800 grit then smooth it down with 1200..mine did that in a few little spots but I wet sanded them and it smoothed out

James Pate

Mar 27, 2012
Margate, Fl
I didn't leave it on long I kept wiping and it came off and I guess to much came off idk. I also tried sanding and it is to far to save lol