dszx13

May 28, 2014
minden, la
Upgrade the clamps. I couldn’t get mine to stop leaking.
e2f3e6c9e370a6befc437f615c48097f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Upgrade the clamps. I couldn’t get mine to stop leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to take it to an exhaust shop and have him weld some shit up for me. It sounds like my leak is back where the Magnaflow meets the LT's. There's a reducer, to a facoty style flange, to Magnaflow's factory style flange/flexpipe, which is clamped to the rest of the magnaflow. In the span of 24" I have 4 friggin clamps. I'll crawl under the truck tomorrow and see if I can't get some pictures, but I'm almost at my wit's end with these damn exhaust leaks. I wish GM would have just put a traditional style exhaust flange with a gasket here, instead of this style of flange (not my pic):

post-147823-0-74410300-1456698239.jpeg

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
So was that a different projector or just different HID?

They're Morimoto FXR 2.0's with 35W HID's. 5500K temperature. Kind of wish they were 4300K, but they match everything else perfectly, LED wise.

So the truck is an SLE, I bought used SLT headlights, a SLE to SLT conversion harness from Gen5DIY.com, Diode Dynamics Switchback LED boards, so instead of my running lights just being boring old running lights, they're switchback signals too. Clear reflectors from Klearz.net, Morimoto HID goodies, including the projectors, and Morimoto XB LED Foglights. Driving this truck at night is actually something I do for fun now lol.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
This was a couple of weeks ago, but I forgot to update the thread.

Achievement unlocked - Truck finally protected from road salt.

So many mixed emotions driving away knowing that it'll be a solid 5 months before I see her again lol.

Now to plan a scheme for this spring. Thinking sway bars and C-notch for another inch of low.

So the question now is, which C-notch do I go with? I'm planning on getting it welded. Then I just need to drop the hangers to the lowest position, and adjust my Belltech struts.

Last wash 2020.jpg

Storage.jpg

Last edited:

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
What prep did you do for it sitting that long?

I would go with a McGaughys notch. We put one on Tony’s truck. Was a bolt in and it was/has been great. You could do that but burn it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
What prep did you do for it sitting that long?

I would go with a McGaughys notch. We put one on Tony’s truck. Was a bolt in and it was/has been great. You could do that but burn it in.

Tony's truck isn't welded in?

And honestly? I washed the truck and put fuel stabilizer in the full tank of 91 Octane - disconnected both posts on the battery.

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Tony's truck isn't welded in?

And honestly? I washed the truck and put fuel stabilizer in the full tank of 91 Octane - disconnected both posts on the battery.

Nope. I wanted to weld it and he wouldn’t let me.

Was just curious, didn’t think a newer truck would need much for storage prep

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Agree on the notch, I put one in a buddies C10 almost 10 years ago and he’s never had an issue, also just bolted in

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Does he do any towing with it? As in like a utility trailer with an ATV in it?

Tony’s towed with his a few times. I probably would tow a car with it just being bolted but he’s had a utility trailer pretty loaded down and the bed loaded down from Loosiana all the way back here

Reactions: Oktain

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Does he do any towing with it? As in like a utility trailer with an ATV in it?
No my friend hasn’t since the truck is just a toy, the only thing he hauls in it is lawn chairs to shows. When/if you do notch your truck drill holes at the top corners where you cut it out so there isn’t a hard corner in the frame to start cracking.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
No my friend hasn’t since the truck is just a toy, the only thing he hauls in it is lawn chairs to shows. When/if you do notch your truck drill holes at the top corners where you cut it out so there isn’t a hard corner in the frame to start cracking.

I was planning on doing that, even if I was getting the notch welded in after

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Tony’s towed with his a few times. I probably would tow a car with it just being bolted but he’s had a utility trailer pretty loaded down and the bed loaded down from Loosiana all the way back here

That should say “wouldn’t” tow a car lol

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Oh. And buy a couple good quality step bits. That’s the best thing in the world when you have to drill 3736628274483726299203747 holes We kept a little cup of oil nearby too to dip the bits in while we were drilling. Worked pretty good without having to reach for a can of WD40 every minute or so, just dip and go

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Oh. And buy a couple good quality step bits. That’s the best thing in the world when you have to drill 3736628274483726299203747 holes We kept a little cup of oil nearby too to dip the bits in while we were drilling. Worked pretty good without having to reach for a can of WD40 every minute or so, just dip and go

As opposed to spraying cutting oil on regular drill bits? lol. I finally have an excuse to buy step bits!? lmao