Can i use an H pipe

Custom tunes are much, much better than an off the shelf tuner. Plus, they are both comparable in price. Read some threads from people switching from a box tuner to a custom tune, that should be more than enough to convince you.

Im convinced just not enough for my truck to sit for days waiting..

i had my OBS tuned it person, but i think you should be able to do the same way as the NBS they mail you a tuned computer, and you mail your stocker in as a core.

If that is the case then that will work, I just cant have my truck sit for days waiting...

The only time it would sit is if you mailed out your computer. Most gm vehicles with the obd2 port can be tuned by scan cable or autocal. Your other option, like Bryan said, is to get it tuned in person.

If you let us know where you're at we can probably recommend a tuner or find someone that knows more about tuners in that area.

Black Bear is planning a spring 2014 meet in Phoenix, not sure how far away that is for you.

2014 Tentative Black Bear Performance Tune Meets

Post in there and shoot them an email if you'd like.

Phoenix is roughly a 3 1/2 hour drive and I think I read where its only 98 and up...

:word: your not far from blackbears home base either

Where are they based ?

One more ? is there any way to tell if you already have a tune , my truck runs good and pulls hard.... I ask because I raced a buddys truck 98ecsb stock sus on 20's with the Hypertech max energy tune and at the end he only had me by a fender.... Im lifted on 33's ?????

Last edited:
Flowmaster never wakes up trucks, it only puts them to sleep. It's all in your head man lol

He wouldn't have had you by a fender if you had Magnaflow/dynomax

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 4

Flowmaster never wakes up trucks, it only puts them to sleep. It's all in your head man lol

He wouldn't have had you by a fender if you had Magnaflow/dynomax

In my head ...seriously!!!!
I did not have the flowmaster pipe & high flow cats on at that time........

THIS was installed weeks later, yes its Flowmaster and I know its just junk to you so don't even say it. BUT IT MADE A BIG IMPROVEMENT I DONT FAWKIN LIE!!!!
And no my Cats WERE NOT PLUGGED!!

So you say the Magnaflow is a good muffler, that's Good to hear because that is the direction I want to go.........

I have been reading about exhaust setups for weeks now on my truck, everybody has there opinion but no concrete evidence on what is the best.
Im going to just stick with my DI/SO Because it works!!

In my head ...seriously!!!!
I did not have the flowmaster pipe & high flow cats on at that time........

THIS was installed weeks later, yes its Flowmaster and I know its just junk to you so don't even say it. BUT IT MADE A BIG IMPROVEMENT I DONT FAWKIN LIE!!!!
And no my Cats WERE NOT PLUGGED!!

So you say the Magnaflow is a good muffler, that's Good to hear because that is the direction I want to go.........

I have been reading about exhaust setups for weeks now on my truck, everybody has there opinion but no concrete evidence on what is the best.
Im going to just stick with my DI/SO Because it works!!

Lol its all good man. The cats I'm sure made a nice improvement, but it'd be even better with a free flowing muffler. I've seen dyno proven results. But nice setup anyhow. I'm sure it sounds good.

Lol its all good man. The cats I'm sure made a nice improvement, but it'd be even better with a free flowing muffler. I've seen dyno proven results. But nice setup anyhow. I'm sure it sounds good.

Thanks man,

I cant wait to get the new muffler on:naughty:

If you want a blackbear tune they will mail you a new computer then when you get it just send yours in for the core. No downtime

And for the muffler, look at spintech too, they're a little more money for the stainless ones but they are an actual performance muffler. And they sound good too. I have a pro street 6441 on mine dumped under the bed and it doesn't bother me cruising on long trips but will definitely get loud when you get into the skinny pedal

I love Spintech, but they are freaking loud and I don't want a lot of drone....My Blowmaster is starting to drone more everyday since I installed the new pipes and cats..

I will go BB tune no doubt but I want to get the exhaust done and find me some 20's so I can drop her back down first...

The spintechs are pretty loud according to everyone else, I guess I'm just used to loud exhaust so it sounds normal lol. A 22" magna should do good for you to get rid of the drone

Ya I don't know man, I really like the rumble ya get that's the reason I went with the Flowmaster..I never heard of the spintechs until just recently, but they sound awesome!!

Im thinking I will take the duals add the Y with 3" pipe straight back to a single Spintech.. Sound right to you guys? or should I leave the duals and go single out muffler..

I just want to have everything before I go to the shop because if you buy there "off the shelf shit" they really bend ya over!!

thanks.

Thanks man! now im gonna find me a Y pipe and order a Spintech then take her down and get it done...

Cant wait .