Important!: Camo 2500 HD

cknox121

Mar 27, 2012
This is my dads Camo wrapped 2500 HD. Has the 6.0 and 4l80, all original with 305k miles. It's first life was as dads first new personal vehicle besides his old 87 Chevy. It's now a hunting/beater truck. Hasn't seen pavement in about a year:crazy:

Camo has been on it ffor 3 years now. Tryin to get some ideas, thinking of plasty dipping the bumpers and rims. Enjoy!

1e859957.jpg
152423bb.jpg
9bde7080.jpg
2435648b.jpg
eaa7f096.jpg

Dem leaky valve covers.
e7f0dd55.jpg
a4356182.jpg

plasti dip sucks, one brush up against a tree limb and its off dude, its a beater so its hard to justify the extra $ for powder coat but thats the way i'd go

300+ miles daaaamn

plasti dip sucks, one brush up against a tree limb and its off dude, its a beater so its hard to justify the extra $ for powder coat but thats the way i'd go

300+ miles daaaamn

Doubt he drop that much money in it. Would look better then chrome though.

305000 on original everything and still ticken lol. She's been a good one.

If you want it black and its a true beater then just do flat black rattle can. Its cheap, effective, and can be touched up easily.

:imo: sell PYOs and buy steelies for profit, paint black, scuff bumper and paint black. Done. It's a beater/hunting truck now anyway.

Spray it with the Duplicolor bedliner in a can. Better then regular paint plus its still black.

this, I did my rockers on my 04 and I drive ALOT of gravel and it has held up well.

Also change the valve cover gaskets, cheap and a stupid reason to burn a truck down

Elaborate.

:imo: I have never seen an oil leak cause a fire. The autoignition temperature of motor oil is higher than the exhaust on a normal vehicle will reach, and it would take a considerable amount at the flash point and a spark to ignite at a lower temperature, a leak that big, and you'll have problems long before the fire. Transmission fluid on the other hand....

Last edited:
do you not remember the 3800 recall a few years ago? all they did was make it so oil wouldnt leak on the manifolds

That wasn't the fix, or the real issue. The issue was the potential of the oil to leak into the spark plug wire channel, pool up, reach the flash point, and an arc from the spark plug wire have the ability to ignite the fumes from the hot oil and the oil pooled up in the channel to begin to burn. The fix was to remove the spark plug wire channel and replace with a different spark plug wire retainer method. The recall did not address the potential leak at all.