Cal Speed LT install

Actually thinking about taking mine off now, not original anymore. Too many fgts have it now.

:boo5ted:

off of what exactly? you cried because you traded joey for the shitty DD you finally got fixed, then bought another set no even a week later. And this was last year. You need to install these things bitch. :dealwithit:

You were talking about the Hybrid emblems right? Me too.

:bertstare:

Yeah, I had them a while. So what. They were going on the Silvy but I kept getting the run a round an no definite answers about a tune because of the Whipple computer on the truck. Decided to not install them on it and then bought the GMC. I won't install them until I have more monies for a tune and the other exhaust done first.

EAT MY ASS SWEETIE.

:kiss:

See what I get for paying attention, actually took mine off at lunch. you want?

Eat your ass? I was gonna make a gay joke, BUTT FUCK IT :urkel:

Those cork-style gaskets are great from the get-go, they do a great job of sealing on a new install due to their thickness, however, after years of use they tend to shrink and/or deteriorate from the constant temperature changes and vibration. Similar gaskets were used on some Dmax transmission pans from the factory (though they were surrounded by rubber), and they eventually failed for the same reason I just stated and the trans leaked badly. They are cheaper priced than metal factory style gaskets too I would assume - so, yes, pick ya up some new gaskets from GM - I think they go for under $30 a pair.

The wiring is not necessary if you plan on getting a tune, and like james said - definitely get a tune, I saw a little difference in power/responsiveness after the install, but after a tune i felt a HUGE difference.

:shake: Tune will happen as soon as I get more moniez

And Huck, awhile back you said you and Tony (boo5ted) had the only certain things, that's false :imo: had mine for a couple of months as well. :shake:

Not following you....I said Tony only had certain what things?

you run no cats?
what muffler you run jared?
and any problem running no cats without tune?

I've got no cats right now cuz they blew out. Only problem is the CEL is on and it's loud as hell. Doesn't actually affect how the truck runs

Ohhhhh lol I completely forgot about that. Never knew you had one. I have too much fun with mine to take it off, for some reason people around here are extremely gullible and don't realize it's a joke

Sometimes I give a serious response, telling them that it is in fact one of the hybrid silvy's that Chevy did actually make and that my sub box is just the cover for all the battery packs. Other times I'll be sarcastic as hell telling them how she'll go onroad as well as offroad and that I get 28mpg with it. Always some kinda bullshit lol.

Always depends on the person, tree hugging hippies in their Priuses (Priiii? Pruis'?) that get out all enraged at my truck always get blasted the worst tho

never once had someone rage on me, not sure what I would do, most likely, politely tell them to suck my cock, turn...and walk away

Hasn't really happened since I've moved home, but when I was in college it did quite often. I suppose all the young "educated and enlightened" liberals/hippies, whatever you wanna call em, felt the need to assert their beliefs on others. After the first few times it got old, so I started firing back and trying to educate them. 9 times outta 10, Prius drivers were shocked beyond belief and would not accept the fact that their cars pollute more just in the manufacturing process than my truck will in 200k miles. Just stuff like that is what I'd fire back

Last edited: