Cal Speed LT install

they are swamped from what i hear right now. just talked to my friend, who is a friend of jim and has invested a lot of money into him and cal speed. they are in the process of designing and mass producing some more parts iirc. all 100% made in the usa, not in china like some competitors claim they are. my buddy was there when jim designed the truck headers. not copys

Did you need an impact to get the manifold bolts out? My shit is rusty as hell........not worried about breaking them off - head are being replaced anyways.

Nope. Wouldn't use one to break em loose, breaker bar or wrench is what I used. Could use one to back the bolt out the rest of the way. Use penetrating lube too even if heads are gettin swapped

That's why you wear gloves when doing it, but I agree, make sure everything is hot before trying, it should help the bolts come out much easier

then proceed to rape your extremities with every touch to bare skin

Protip: warm up motor to operating temp, soak bolts with lube, then break bolts loose (dont have to completely remove them) when hot while using glove and/or wearing a sleeve to protect your arm and hand, and re-soak bolts with lube, then let cool for an hour or two, then remove bolts, manifolds, and everything else.

The key to the entire preparation and uninstall process is being very liberal with the penetrating lube. Use double what you think is necessary. Breaking bolts isn't fun even if you have an extractor.

Ah yeah, thanks for reminding me. Ordering some right now! I'll see about gaskets in a bit, dunno of they will flow me another set.

When you ordering your set? We need to do a write up on these bitches.

hopefully soon maybe at the end of next month i hope

tell them you fucked up yours and theyre leaking lol