Cal Speed LT install

Gettin a 22in magnaflow di/do installed on the 07 by the end of the month, will get clips of current and new setup when i can. Dont want that loud ass corsa back there anymore, but still really liking these headers!

I currently run a 22" magnaflow on mine as well. 3" in/ 3" outlet. love how it sounds as well. its not LOUD, doesnt have rasp, its perfect. Cant explain it, but will try. Has a nice idle with the LPP headers and 3" exhaust. I also have mine exiting to stock 2500hd location. feel free to check out my youtube as well. username is tribaltatts70

I currently run a 22" magnaflow on mine as well. 3" in/ 3" outlet. love how it sounds as well. its not LOUD, doesnt have rasp, its perfect. Cant explain it, but will try. Has a nice idle with the LPP headers and 3" exhaust. I also have mine exiting to stock 2500hd location. feel free to check out my youtube as well. username is tribaltatts70

yeah i think you linked me to that at one point, sounded bamf, i need to get on this...

Jared did you have any problems with the y pipe hitting on the transmission crossmember? I have read a few lpp installs that said it doesn't clear, had to drop crossmember to install and then dent the y to make it fit.

Jared did you have any problems with the y pipe hitting on the transmission crossmember? I have read a few lpp installs that said it doesn't clear, had to drop crossmember to install and then dent the y to make it fit.

I helped install jareds and mine, and we didnt even try to make it fit with the xmember still intact - we removed it right away, its srsly 5 bolts, easy stuff. Jack up the tail-shaft of the transmission while working though. But taking that xmember off made it easy as hell and we did NOT have to dent anything.

I helped install jareds and mine, and we didnt even try to make it fit with the xmember still intact - we removed it right away, its srsly 5 bolts, easy stuff. Jack up the tail-shaft of the transmission while working though. But taking that xmember off made it easy as hell and we did NOT have to dent anything.

I can concur on this as well, we did the exact same when we installed LPPS on mine.. Makes it much easier, and if you decide to put a servo in, this is the perfect time.

Thanks for the responses guys, mines 4x4 and I put my servo in about 2 weeks ago, had to dissamble and assemble it in pieces because of the floor pan, but I'm looking at a set of lpps for cheap and wondering if it's worth the hassle to install them. mines lifted now so I would have to modify the y pipe to clear the driveshaft I've been told

With lpp or cal speed on a 4x4 you will have to do alot of denting from what I've seen, unless you have a BL. Be aware of what you will have to do for install to clear the front driveshaft/trans case, etc. before you pull the trigger - I've seen pics where the denting gets pretty severe. Good luck though!

So the consensus is to just buy the headers, get preformed band clamps from jegs or summit, and use factory header gaskets and bolts? How do the o2 sensors fit, are extensions needed?
Also, could somebody with these headers take a picc showing how much clearance there is to put cats in the y pipe? still deciding if I want to do that just for the smell

yes buy them
yes use preformed clamps
yes use oem bolts if you wish, or be like fgt eddie and get stage 8
yes use oem gaskets (buy new imo)

o2's were fine
dont need extensions
i left rears plugged in and tuned out

one member installed oem cats on his truck, dont remember who

you can install aftermarket if you wish, if clearance is an issue, run one cat after the y pip before the muffler. Smell has never bothered me. DNW to crawl under my truck right now.

If you want a cat, just put one in front of the muffler, would have a ton more room.

** edit **

Posted at the same time.

Only reason I'm asking about cat fitment is 1.) I'm in Cali and if I ever get pulled over I could show the cop I am legal:proud: and
2.) I've talked to a few guys who say if you have the exhaust dumped under the bed that the smell is horrible and will stay trapped under there, plus I am 6" lifted 4x4 so I know I will have to cut and weld the y pipe to clear driveshaft, so why not put cats while I'm at it? Just trying to make sure I have all the bases covered before I spend $400 on something I don't need hehe

doubt it, he did a deal on pt.net but he is not a vendor nor member here, I will see what I can do.

Still cheaper than LPP, and being in Tejas, you don't need LPP's "superior" metal.