HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
would like to build my own tank over the winter so i dont burn my truck down like that guy in florida. looking for any info anyone might have after building their own tanks.

DirtyBlackHD

Mmmmk
Jan 23, 2011
Www.google.com
not a tank but cool
Howe-and-Howe-PAV-Badger.jpg

Trevor F

Mar 8, 2011
not sure if you understand what this thread is actually supposed to be about

ohh :bleh:

[video=youtube_share;vKaOHWkIIrU]http://youtu.be/vKaOHWkIIrU[/video]

EDIT:
btw I drug through mine on my bagged build too with it raised, touches on bumps when front is higher than back.

Last edited:

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
There's a lot that goes into building a fuel cell to keep the fuel from sloshing and to always keep the fuel pump submerged, so not to run it dry. you would be much better off making a skid plate for your stock tank or buying a fuel cell to mount. that's just my $0.02.

HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
ive made fuel tanks before, but i always knew what i was hooking up to it before. its all the fucking bullshit evap lines and shit im worried about really, casue im tired of this fucking CEL just because it thinks my damn gas cap isn't on tight enough.

its either i build a cell or i gotta raise the front mount

Trevor F

Mar 8, 2011
I had evap codes turned off in my tune and no cel since :shrug:

Is the whole tank hitting or just the front? Mine didn't hit the ground laid out. But riding on stocks with the front up mine could drag the back edge cause i was notched for 24s with no bump stop so on dips in the road i got more travel than i needed.

HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
Fuckkkk need evap turned off, truck doesn't lay yet but front hangs low I raised the rear crossmember already

Sent from a secure terminal using the classified military network

Trevor F

Mar 8, 2011
Then I second just raise the front crossmember. much simpler idea. On mine all i did was grind off the rivets and use some 1x1 tubing as spacers to raise it up, drilled holes in tubing and used bolts to put crossmember back.

HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
Wait the son of a bitch rivets in? The hole reason I didn't do it before is because I thought it was welded :facepalm:

Sent from a secure terminal using the classified military network