slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
dfw

do they rust at all? If I just get regular rotors again, I plan to get them powder coated to prevent rust and then turned.

Also, I found some used sss dual piston front calipers on ptnet. will they work on my truck? I have single piston right now.
Pretty sure you have dual piston fronts the ss calipers would allow you to run larger rotors iirc

Fiesty

Jul 28, 2013
Kansas City, MO
bump for update from kyul. what did you end up going with? I know it will be different from my truck because of the years but interested to see what you did. I have disc all around and single pistons. is it worth it to upgrade to dual pistons and drilled/slotted rotors? My truck obviously isn't going to an autox event anytime so do I really need all this upgraded brake stuff or should I just replace with better than oem pads and new rotors and call it done?

my bad tex i just saw this.. you have any questions?

Big Tex

slowly but surely
Jun 25, 2012
Dallas, TX
Ahhhhh. I dont remember lol. I'm gonna do the tahoe rear calipers more than likely and powerstop slotted rotors. Just want to know if the "hats" rusted at all on them. And I cant remember what pads you went with but I am still looking. Want something that wont produce much dust mainly. And I wanted to know if the tahoe calipers and d/s rotors made a noticeable difference in stopping

Fiesty

Jul 28, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Ahhhhh. I dont remember lol. I'm gonna do the tahoe rear calipers more than likely and powerstop slotted rotors. Just want to know if the "hats" rusted at all on them. And I cant remember what pads you went with but I am still looking. Want something that wont produce much dust mainly. And I wanted to know if the tahoe calipers and d/s rotors made a noticeable difference in stopping

my powerstop rotors didnt rust at all around the hats. i did them in may and sold truck a week ago and they didnt have rust on them. i had cross drilled and slotted and never had cracking issues. same with ryan. cross drilled/slotted looks dope imo. i can't tell you the exact improvements from just the rear calipers since i did all my brake shit at once. (front 13" upgrade, rear dual piston, ss brake lines) but i will say my braking after was a tremendous improvement over stock. if i added hydroboost I'm sure it would be even better. I'd deff do the Russell stainless steel brake lines while you're at it since they're cheap, look good, feel good on the pedal. plus you're gonna have to bleed brakes anyways since you're changing rear calipers, might as well do the lines. i got the kit on amazon for around $100 iirc.

oh and i ordered the wrong ebc pads so i just did the ceramic brake best pads from oreilly's and i actually really like them. they're cheap af, last a long time, and they don't really dust at all. i've ran those pads on my last 3 trucks.

Last edited:

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
if youre going with drilled/slotted, might as well get these imo. made in USA. dimpled/slotted have lifetime warranty and guaranteed not to warp at all, so dont need to worry about if they crack. not priced bad at all either.
LIFETIME Warranty Against Materials and Workmanship Defects. LIFETIME Warranty Against Warping and Cracking.
Unlimited mileage.
my dad and his towing buddies all use this brand. also love how they look with the black accents
Brake Rotors Brake Discs Drilled Slotted Rotors

cart-rotor-slotted-dimpled-kits-black.jpg

oh and i ordered the wrong ebc pads so i just did the ceramic brake best pads from oreilly's and i actually really like them. they're cheap af, last a long time, and they don't really dust at all. i've ran those pads on my last 3 trucks.

what ones? i just need new pads and $150 for greenstuff is a little steep

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
Ebc create dust like a mf'er, but they work great. Green stuff 7000 series in front, 6000 on rear in the ecsb.

Sent from pasta.

Fiesty

Jul 28, 2013
Kansas City, MO

Curious on pads as well, mine are going to need replaced soon and mine dust really bad.
Just go to O'Reilly's and ask about them. Brake best is the brand. There's a couple different ones by brake best. I got the ceramic ones. I believe it was about $60 total for pads front and rear.

Ebc create dust like a mf'er, but they work great. Green stuff 7000 series in front, 6000 on rear in the ecsb.

Sent from pasta.

I've read either the 6000 or 7000 dust less. Do yours seem to dust the same?

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
There's no O'Reilly's even remotely near me. Dats why I wanted le brand. Thanks.

The 700 are supposed to be quiter and dust less than 6000s

Big Tex

slowly but surely
Jun 25, 2012
Dallas, TX
if youre going with drilled/slotted, might as well get these imo. made in USA. dimpled/slotted have lifetime warranty and guaranteed not to warp at all, so dont need to worry about if they crack. not priced bad at all either. my dad and his towing buddies all use this brand. also love how they look with the black accents
Brake Rotors Brake Discs Drilled Slotted Rotors

cart-rotor-slotted-dimpled-kits-black.jpg

Dnw to spend 100+ on a set of rotors right now. Powerstops aren't too expensive so I'll probably go with those, brake best ceramics because they're cheap and hopefully wont create much dust as kyle says, russell lines, and tahoe rear calipers (btw is it 2wd or 4wd or does it matter?)

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Brand is "Brake Best" ya homo
That's why I said thanks ya faghat
Dnw to spend 100+ on a set of rotors right now. Powerstops aren't too expensive so I'll probably go with those, brake best ceramics because they're cheap and hopefully wont create much dust as kyle says, russell lines, and tahoe rear calipers (btw is it 2wd or 4wd or does it matter?)
Theyre aren't much more than what the slotted powerstop/stoptechs woulda been for a whole set iirc. Beats the 90 day warranty too lol and go with 4wd parts

Fiesty

Jul 28, 2013
Kansas City, MO

Doesn't matter I don't think. I used 2wd tahoe calipers. Then I ordered pads and rotors for a 2wd hoe.

Big Tex

slowly but surely
Jun 25, 2012
Dallas, TX
wait the rear caliper will be the same as stock, right? like I can order the rotor as a 04 silvy replacement and the caliper and pads as tahoe replacement?