Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Haven't checked in on this either, Boyd's looked good but the transport wheels are right at home too.

Could you post some pics of the adapters for old style hubcaps?
Check out @struggle_55 on ig. He sells cap clips that are made for the transports.
fbef158dcd2daab0240872692b1a59d5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

slonlow2000

May 13, 2015
Haven't checked in on this either, Boyd's looked good but the transport wheels are right at home too.

Could you post some pics of the adapters for old style hubcaps?

I'll have to snap some. I got 2 styles. I have the ones you rivet or weld to the wheel like that are posted on this page. I also have some that are on a plate and bolt to lug nuts. I have open ended lugs so it wont work with those. I was told to drill and tap some closed lug nuts to make that style work.

slonlow2000

May 13, 2015
Well its snowballed into a new back half. We found the reason my bed gap was uneven was due to the frame rails sagged during the notch install. We talked about trying to straighten it, but after it sagged the plated the frame and added cross members so its way to solid to try and bend back. We also found a repair that it up by the old bag mount under the plating that was added. Looks like the mount ripped out of the frame. So after awhile sitting there looking at it we just cut it off.

Untitled by Gabe Reed, on Flickr

This is where he left out last I seen. His shop is about a hour and a half from me so I only go up on the weekends. He has a regular day job and just does this on the side and after work so its going. He said I should have it back before Christmas.

Here's what's left of the frame.

slonlow2000

May 13, 2015
Heres some pics to get this up to date.

Setting up the new rails with notches

Moving around the bag position looking at different options.

Reason we went here was because if it was on the wishbone like the kit was they wouldn't be centered on the axle.

Heres a little further along with more actually final welded in

And finally the whole reason this shit started, the wheel is now centered in the wheel well

slonlow2000

May 13, 2015
Figured I'd updated this with some pics. Haven't done much. I went and bought a high mileage trade in here from work so I've been spending some money on.

Still trying to trade these damn wheels. When I got them everyone was getting good money or trades for them, now I cant give them away.

Snapped one of the interior too, just incase I get a good trade offer to come up.

Gotta try and keep up with the new bought not built thread.

Still need to pull the bed and start re-plumbing everything so I'm not real excited to dive into that.

Fairclough

Feb 18, 2016
Salt Lake City
My friend I'd looking for some transport wheels, how much are you asking?
Bro this is not a competition, I love your truck, and I'm still building my Escalaid truck. I just always liked this one and was lucky enough to get it!
Keep up the great work, I need cool trucks to look at when I'm on business trips.

slonlow2000

May 13, 2015
My friend I'd looking for some transport wheels, how much are you asking?
Bro this is not a competition, I love your truck, and I'm still building my Escalaid truck. I just always liked this one and was lucky enough to get it!
Keep up the great work, I need cool trucks to look at when I'm on business trips.
I know I was just joking around, as far as the wheels really just trying to trade locally now. If I sell out right I'll have to have another set ready to buy.