BOO5TED'S GMC Crew Cab

Same size as all the other interior screws, I just found one that I had about the same length. No longer than 3/4".

No, :rofl:.

It's back to stock with only the center as the dome and the two on the outside controlled by the two buttons. Only issue now is that fgt GM limits the current to the outside ones so they are only half as bright as the center is. Will have to do some playing around with diodes to see if I can bypass the limitation.

FWIW- The power for the out side dome lamps, the cargo lamp and the power to the switched lights on the overhead console comes from the inadvertent power supply in the BCM. The BCM supplies about 5 volts or less all the time, looking for a load on the circuit before it supplies the full 12 volts. I don't know why they did it, but they did. After key off, 15-30 minutes, the BCM turns power off completely in case you "inadvertently" leave the lights on, you wont come out to a dead battery. The problem is, when we switch to led's there isn't enough load on the circuit to pull the 5 volts down, thus indicating a load on the circuit. The BCM never supplies full voltage to the circuit......... unless you press the cargo lamp button! Then you have the battery voltage for that ignition cycle.
I have thought about installing a large resistor in the circuit like we do for the turn signals but they get pretty hot if you leave em on for awhile. might need to mount it under the dash away from anything flammable. IDK.

Got the new exhaust finished up today and she's clean so a few pics are in order.

21336127310_727f94fdfa_b.jpg

21336333868_77c2f4f4c2_b.jpg

She needs a buff BAD and I need to finish up with the mirror caps too.