Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
I'm pretty sure we've never really discussed this in depth. But I'm putting on my Zone 1.5" body lift on my NBS this weekend and was just looking for some tips and tricks from those that have done it.

My main concern is how you handle the front clip/core support. My thinking is, remove all the cab bolts on one side, just loosen the other side enough to let the cab move. Then do the same with the front mounts for the core support. Leaving the fenders and hood all attached/closed. And just jack up the one side and it'll all move together. Am I wrong in that assumption? I really don't wanna have to take the front clip apart

BARBER

Black on Black
Mar 21, 2012
Owanka, SD
I've done a 3" on my 2001 and a Zone 1.5" on my 2008 and both of them I didn't take any special caution for the front clip. Loosened one side, removed bolts on the side I lifted. Your instructions will tell you the same thing.

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
I've done a 3" on my 2001 and a Zone 1.5" on my 2008 and both of them I didn't take any special caution for the front clip. Loosened one side, removed bolts on the side I lifted. Your instructions will tell you the same thing.
:shake:

Gonna be wet this weekend. :uhoh:
Only today really, only 20% chance tomorrow. I was gonna start on it tonight, we'll see how well that goes lol

temoney14

Aug 14, 2014
Utica NY
I did a 3" on my '03 and a 1.5" on my '00. They are pretty easy, could only imagine how much easier they are outside of the salt belt. The 1.5" is much easier than the 3", if I didn't run into issues installing new body bushings I would have finished it in 1 night while drinking beer with a buddy. There's a lot of "disconnect" bullshit in the beginning that isn't needed

Hardest part of the body lift is the bumpers

word, especially the rear bumper, like 100 bolts in that bitch.

its been a few years since I did mine, but I pulled my whole bed off because I painted the frame and it made the back bumper easier.

a impact gun does wonders for pulling the body mount bolts out,

the cab I did one side then the other,

I never put the lower mounts in the fan shroud, or the lower mounts in the front bumper.

I think I had to bend a tab for the e brake cable

Willypaul

Aug 22, 2012
North Carolina
Wouldn't recommend an impact wrench. I broke a fixed nut off up in the cab trying to remove a bolt. Was no bueno having to remove carpet and go through the floor just to try and get a wrench on that nut.

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
:rofl: That sucks dude.

Mine came out great, removed the rear bumper and lifted the bed on a friday night after work. Then Tony came over and we did all the disconnect shit (seemed like it took forever), lifted the body and put the new pucks/bolts in (that was easy, like 20 min), then started fucking with the front bumper. That's what sucked and took forever. Took like 2 hrs, plus a trip to Home Depot for thick washers to space it up some. Overall it wasn't bad. My first time doing it, there was a lot of bullshitting with my buddies, couple food breaks, so it took about 8-9hrs total. I could do it alot faster next time now that I've done it

Fogle

Super Mod
Mar 24, 2012
Waycross,GA
1.5 is really simple. You can have the body lifted in 30 minutes. The bumpers take a little while.

Don't follow half the instructions.

I removed the bolts out of one side completely then loosened the other side. The front core support bolts I took the nut off both sides and did them when I done the respective sides.

I used an impact on every one I've did and never had an issue.

Good cut off wheel or sawzaw will help a lot.

It's really simple.

DeanH1290

Jan 20, 2014
Georgetown KY

Is there much difference between the zone 1.5 kit and the rc 1.25 kit for nnbs? I know the rc comes with brackets for the front bumper, but are there any pros/cons to either one? Highly considering one of them to get some more height.