UsmcTank

Feb 24, 2014
Texas
Well 2 weeks ago I got a blinking light on my 2003 Silverado. It was Arrival Metallic Blue 2wd 5.3.
it broke down on me on the service road by I-35 so I got a tow truck and sent it to a shop since it was still under warranty for 9000 miles. I got the call this passed Monday saying I had a bill of 1747 for a left bank cat and 4 failed sparkplugs. Well I sent the truck back and got a cash truck.
Not A GM...
I got a 2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 2wd 3.9L V6 Auto.
It had a God Awful Stink Bug stance.
The rear axle was put under the Leaf Springs so today I swapped that around lowering me 4.5-5 inches in the rear.
I'm going to continue watching threads here but need to look for Dakota Forums. I'm looking for a Rt motor transmission and rear end. I'm lowering it down too.

Dirtmafia

Hella
Jan 24, 2011
California
Not in CA. Replacement cats are cheap. Plugs are also cheap and generally seen as "maintenance". I don't know of a single mode of transportation that does NOT require some sort of maintenance at some point. You buy new shoes when yours wear out don't you?

I have a hard time believing that Dakota is better in ANY way possible, Unless you're trying to fit into a compact spot between two poles. But pls humor us with your justifications.

:popcorn:

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
That's outrageous for just 1 cat and 4 plugs. Plus, you should always change all the plugs, that's dumb they only did half the motor. You definitely would've been better off fixing the silvy, that POS dakota is gonna nickel and dime you 10 times worse than the chevy ever would have.

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
Next post, transmission went out of Dakota; do I go get my Silverado back?

that gutless v6 is capable of blowing a tranny ?
also have fun with fuel mileage my buddy has a v6 and an v8 r/t (the v6 is for winter) he gets better fuel economy in his v8 lol

and what the fuck is with the shop rate

also i thought it was under warranty.....:tableflip:

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
They billed you for warranty work? And for an 1800 bill your traded in a minimum 5-9k truck for a $2.5-3k pos dodge

muy confused

UsmcTank

Feb 24, 2014
Texas
Well, I havent posted here in a while and just now got to read everyone's posts lol.
The 2003 silvy was definitely a better truck in all aspects but i bought it from mcmc and was paying 500 a month for a truck with 130k.
When the exhaust issue happened I just told mcmc to take it back and I bought the dak with cash off craigslist. The silverado never hit my credit and i didnt have a truck payment anymore.
Been working on my 65 plymouth but i got an offer today for my Dakota.
Its a 1998 GMC Sierra 1500 2wd 5.7 - 312,000 Miles & 800 cash... The guy bought it from his buddy and thinks the motor was swapped blah blah.. i have no history.
So going out on a limb the trucks looks pretty clean in the pictures, interior is decent.

Whats everyone's opinions on OBS? If you want pictures i can post them in a few.

Cheeny23

Resident Wop
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
Bakersfield
obs are nice, can look really clean. but with that many miles, i think he could do some more cash on top depending on the condition of your dakota. post some pics up of both

UsmcTank

Feb 24, 2014
Texas
Here is the outside pictures i've received of the 1998.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 34
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 33

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
My 98 with 180k miles was a train wreck. All the big things were fine but all the little broken things added up to where I had more in it than the purchase price. INSPECT EVERY SINGLE THING.