Blue 04's Slow build

Blue 04 Z71

Jan 31, 2016
Im going to copy my build thread from GMFS So things might be a little out of order

Plans
Colormatch upper bumper cap, flares and possibly tows
Buy black lower valence
Remove 3" Body lift
Install new energy suspension body bushings
Rebuild front steering, I already ordered Moog UCA's, inner and outer TRE's and lower ball joints. I replaced the idler arm and bracket last spring so it should still be ok. I only drove 9,000 miles since.
Install my 6" RCX lift :favorites37:
Clean/paint frame
I do have some rocker rust so that will have to be addressed sooner or later.

Eventually I'd like to get some leather seats/new covers
Some chrome 20's (Preds, Ions, Hostile) with either toyo's, nitto's, or atturo trail blades
And line-x

As soon as I get a brake in the weather and the snow melts some I can get started. I have all the body bolts and brackets I need to remove the BL. Im hoping to have the RCX installed by the end of march if the weather cooperates. I cant fit the truck in my garage and close the door and still be able to work on it since its only 19ft deep. And if anyone is interested in the BL let me know. I have everything but the fan shroud parts because I tossed them when I went to Efans and I just bought 8 brand new zinc coated bolts for it before I decided to go with the RCX. I know the RCX isn't a top of the line lift but for what I want it should be fine.

Some pics

How I drove it for a number of years. 3in BL Eagle 186 wheels and 33' coopers. I had MTZ's on before the coopers

DDM Switch backs

Bull bar removed

My Morimoto 6.0 retro

Brake line failure

Last edited:

Blue 04 Z71

Jan 31, 2016
Lift installed

Now for the more recent stuff
I painted the bumper cap and DL3 caps

Rockers were gone

So I decided to have some oem flares painted as well as a new passenger door because the seam rusted out.

Test fitfing the new door

Blue 04 Z71

Jan 31, 2016
Drivers side rear door My body guy cut a section out of my old passenger side door and sectioned it into the bottom of this door.

Blue 04 Z71

Jan 31, 2016

Fresh back from paint

Sold the tow mirrors and put my DL3's om

Tru cool 40k install

Went to a local car show and won best of show and 1st place 4x4. There was over 150 cars there and some really nice stuff. Surprised I won really.

Blue 04 Z71

Jan 31, 2016
Ok now just random pics that are in no order at all. Some from the 6.0 swap.

The first few years I got it

Right after I put the BL on

SS 20's I had on for a whole week haha

FUUU

NEW

Blue 04 Z71

Jan 31, 2016

Swapped and had it back up and running in a weekend. I should of kept my old 5.3. Only had 97k on it and I used mobil 1 since 16,225 miles when I got it. O well,

Added E fans from a 2005

Blue 04 Z71

Jan 31, 2016
Recently I added the esky gauge lens to go along with my esky shifter and buick steering wheel. I want to get a DD for the bluetooth factor. Plugging in my iphone 7 sucks because I cant charge it and stream.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Thought I remembered this truck from gmfs with the 6.0 swap. Glad to see ya over here. That's a ton of work you've done, but it sure pays off.

Reactions: Blue 04 Z71

Blue 04 Z71

Jan 31, 2016
Thanks guys! I'd love to have a new 2016-2017 but this is paid off and with a baby on the way I don't want another payment. Plus I'd hate to see somebody else driving it haha. I'd have to never see it again if I ever sold it.

Reactions: BigBlue02HD