calboi

Feb 26, 2014
Warner Vegas
no codes or anything in my old one computer got my cam installed this weekend and put my new bb computer in and need to do the crank relearn get to a place to do it and they tell me i have code 1638 and they cant do the crank relearn cause the truck must not have any trouble codes to do this....can someone plz help me out i need my truck asap and its running and driving like crap. truck is a 2000 sierra

Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
this is why I recommend local tuners to everyone as you wouldnt have to do this crap.
IV been involved with many cam swap, not one have we had to do this.

I just did my cam this past weekend with heads and manifold. i slipped a tune in it i worked up in 10 minutes to keep her drive able and shes fine.

calboi

Feb 26, 2014
Warner Vegas
id love to take it to a in person tuner but dont know any around me that deals in this. (im new also to the performance truck thing)

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
this is why I recommend local tuners to everyone as you wouldnt have to do this crap.
IV been involved with many cam swap, not one have we had to do this.

I just did my cam this past weekend with heads and manifold. i slipped a tune in it i worked up in 10 minutes to keep her drive able and shes fine.

very rarely do/will you hear of BB issues, are there some, bet your ass there is, he is one of the largest GM tuners and has tuned a metric shit ton of cars, also, not everyone has access to a local tuner, hence why he stays in business. So to all that...csb

OP, call Justin, or message them here and explain to them your issue. I would use all routes seeing as they have a few tuning sessions going on this month. Why did I mention that? Because Justin can be hard to reach while out of town tuning. But Jenna and Jesse can deal with pm's here and get you straight!

Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
Jared by no means am I saying they are a bad tuner. I also understand that you are to back a vendor.
However there's no tune like someone actually riding in your vehicle adjusting the small things until your are satisfied. Specially when it comes to cammed/stalled setups.
Most people don't even try to find a local tuner they jump on the band wagon.
I'd always try to find a reputable local tuner before doing any mail in. Sure if someone lives in BFE I understand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

calboi

Feb 26, 2014
Warner Vegas
thanks jared and im not bashing by any so i hope no one gets that from this thread im just looking for help as i have emailed them and havent heard back yet i put my og pcm in and pepper the throttle and got it to idle a lil and it will drive fine and stay running mostly with ses light or anything so idk what happen does anyone have a better number to reach them at by chance

Samuel6731

Cant Get Right
Mar 11, 2012
New Roads La.
Jared by no means am I saying they are a bad tuner. I also understand that you are to back a vendor.
However there's no tune like someone actually riding in your vehicle adjusting the small things until your are satisfied. Specially when it comes to cammed/stalled setups.
I'd always try to find a reputable local tuner before doing any mail in. Sure if someone lives in BFE I understand.

Also the wait to go back forth adjusting certain parameters and things like that VS having your local tuner come over or you going over and popping in some numbers until it's dialed in.
I was never satisfied with my tune I'm too picky which is the reason I bought hp tuners

JennaBear

Mar 29, 2012
Got your PM. Will have Justin or Jarrad get in touch. Looks like Justin wrote you back yesterday answering your questions though.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas

I understand that as well, and I have stated it. But some of us get BB out of convenience. Back when I got my tune, I couldn't get a hold of the "best" in Dallas. But for a stock truck, it really isn't a big deal.

My main reason for my reply was so that a new guy would understand that BB has a great following, and Jenna replied promptly so I am sure he knows now.

calboi

Feb 26, 2014
Warner Vegas
yea that was before i knew of this code in the computer its p1638 im getting with the bb computer pulled in and swapped it back over to my stock one and no code and drives alot better but the person that tried to do the crank relearn said he cant cause the 1638 code was in my computer i got from yall....

JennaBear

Mar 29, 2012
Found your most recent email. You didn't mention the code you were throwing, I will have Justin look into that when he returns from tuning.

calboi

Feb 26, 2014
Warner Vegas
ok yes mam had i known i wouldve simply ask then but i didnt i just thought the ses was on due to the crank relearn needing to be done

JennaBear

Mar 29, 2012
I understand that as well, and I have stated it. But some of us get BB out of convenience. Back when I got my tune, I couldn't get a hold of the "best" in Dallas. But for a stock truck, it really isn't a big deal.

My main reason for my reply was so that a new guy would understand that BB has a great following, and Jenna replied promptly so I am sure he knows now.

BBP tries to be as responsive as possible (eventhough I am not a BBP employee), but with hundreds of emails a day, plus mail order tunes, inperson tunes and email tunes, they can get a tad bogged down with responses. Nonetheless, everyone is responded to.

ok yes mam had i known i wouldve simply ask then but i didnt i just thought the ses was on due to the crank relearn needing to be done

Not a problem, don't send another email in, they will get you taken care of.

JennaBear

Mar 29, 2012
Just for reference, that code is an alternator code, not sure why the shop would tell you they couldn't perform the crank relearn with that on.

JennaBear

Mar 29, 2012
Wouldn't be the first time we have heard of a shop either not knowing what a crank relearn was, or not knowing how to perform one.