Bigboi's 2015 Colorado thread

Yea people who are doing the coils are classy folks. It's the trashy people who put on leveling kits and try to stuff tires in the fenders. Oh wait. Dammit. Lol

i can under stand you wanting your truck to ride better, but in reality how much do you take it off road?

i think a leveling kit with big tires is fine and would work great for what you use it for.

if you are like samy however then the icon kit would be worth it IMO

I would actually use it for fun maybe 7 days out of a year.
I would actually need to use it maybe 10 days out of a year.
It would literally serve me no purpose other than to say I have it and put an Icon sticker on my back window. But I think about it kinda how I thought about civics back in the day. Didn't really see what the fuss was about until I had one. Now I love them. Maybe an Icon kit will open a gateway to mid/long travel and I'll fall in love. Or it'll be a $5k mistake like my obs was lol. I'm still on the fence and will be for some time. As of right now, the leveling kit is all I need. What comes next? Who knows.

I started with a leveling kit then went with lift struts and upgraded to coilovers. Then upgraded to these icons. Changed upper arms twice and found a great combination that hasn't limited me yet. I've made tweaks here and there and added items to the rear to make it better as well. It's all in due time. Also different throwing around a 12 year old vehicle and a brand new 2015 lol

my life would be great with mid travel, wouldnt go way out of my way around the shitty roads, and would mash dunes alot. my next truck i buy will have all that considered before i buy

Fuck it :spendmonies: can't take it with ya...

Mid/long travel would be sweet. Really the only way I'd want a lifted truck.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Fuck it :spendmonies: can't take it with ya...

This is my theory. During the summer I dont use the truck for much, however during the fall/winter and spring, its offroad atleast once a month if not more. If it wasnt so big, i would take it on all the trails at my property, but they arent wide enough for a fullsize and I dont want to chainsaw all the trees.

I mean, places where I go fishing and some shitty places at work, it would be useful. But I don't have problems getting anywhere now as it sits. There's a long list of pros and cons. And the price is the number one con. Justifying it is where my problems come into play.

I mean, places where I go fishing and some shitty places at work, it would be useful. But I don't have problems getting anywhere now as it sits. There's a long list of pros and cons. And the price is the number one con. Justifying it is where my problems come into play.

like me justifying my 400hp+ over priced 3/4 ton ,while i dont tow anything.

but i see where your coming from.

i say wait a bit if you have extra money throw it into the truck.

6647312956bbade0f77cd690de8132ec.jpg

I have no idea what your IG is if you have one lol

Hopefully everybody is waiting to release their products until after sema. The aftermarket parts section is dry as fuck at the moment for the Colorado.

Last edited: