Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
As some of you may be aware, my truck was damaged after taking it to a shop to have the front tubbed. The same day I dropped it off it was hit buy another customers Yukon, that was in the shop's possession.

The owner, Hector, of DF stated he was going to take care of it. So he was to tub, fix damage, put on shackle, and paint my rear bumper.

What I got was shackles...yup, all he managed to do in 3 weeks of having the truck was installing my rear drop shackles. The day before the insurance picked it up to take it to the body shop (that I had to initiate through my insurance) he stated that he had the driver side tubbed and would cut out the fucked up fender (mini-tub) in order for me to at least have it drive-able. Well, he didn't.

I paid $150 up front on good faith for him to do the work. This guy should be ashamed! He had a location in Rowlett, now Mckinney, and stated that he was moving to Arlington soon. STAY AWAY!

The day it left my house
1009797_10200630425421501_1259666378_n.jpg

The same day I dropped it off, this happened

1004636_10200790374660132_422420225_n.jpg

601362_10200790374260122_587293778_n.jpg

does it look tubbed to you?
971009_10200790375340149_1401368801_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Oh, and after all the bullshit, he then says he can't afford to fix it, and that the guy who was driving the customers car who was at fault was claiming it on his insurance. So this coming Wednesday puts me a month without my truck, no rental, and as of 8:42 am Monday morning, his insurance has not taking fault.

Please spread the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CUB

Jan 2, 2011
Shreveport, LA
Holyyy shit.. What a shame he owns a shop... I know it's an unfortunate situation and tubbing is kinda something easier left to a pro, but this is the exact reason I don't let/am scared to trust another person /shop with my truck, especially with me not being there..

Damn bro, sorry, hope your attorney nails his ass to the wall and that guys insurance covers it

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
The major problem is, he was a fabricator at a couple big shops in DFW at one time, plus, several guys have spoke good about him and recommended him, so I felt comfortable. I will be editing every single fucking post that has his shops name here on CGM. I know I've seen 2-3 at least, every one will have a side note in a highlighted color to stay away from him.

Gannon

That Guy
Jun 10, 2012
Logansport, Louisiana
Damn that sucks man. Is there going to be any problems with his insurance claiming it being there was not any police report and it happened a couple weeks ago?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
That I don't know, I did try and attempt a police report. Mckinney said since it happened at an earlier date than when I called, they couldn't do anything about it. But I have everything saved from them admitting fault.

Gannon

That Guy
Jun 10, 2012
Logansport, Louisiana
Hope it work outs for you. Only reason I asked cause same thing happened to my dad a couple years ago. Might want to look into talking to the insurance company and seeing if a police report in necessary being it was on private property, with witnesses. Kinda like a loophole my dad found through the other party's insurance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Well, I have in plain text where he admitted fault...but USAA already knows the entire story. I told them about the attempted police report etc, left no detail out.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I've posted on a couple other forums I am active on. I have a couple more I will post on later. CL will be next. For now I'm off to bed.

Adjusted

Super Moderator
Feb 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
Jesus man, thats terrible. Glad you posted this, he seemed like a good alternative to the more expensive shops in the area (guess now we all know why) - I mightve paid him a visit at some point had you had a more positive experience. Sucks to hear that he had it for so long yet you still had to get insurance involved; just another dishonest piece of shit fab shop.

Hope everything works out for you. I was super happy with the work Nfamus did for me - although they were expensive they had excellent communication, worked quickly for the amount of stuff I had them handling, and I was very pleased with the results. You might give them a shot.

he doesnt want to have it go up easily, thats why he wanted it to go though his employee's insurance.

to tell you the truth, doing custom work like that, i bet his insurance is out the roof already unless he doesnt have any. which he isnt required to if you sign a waiver.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I assume he does (we know what assuming gets us), but I also assume that it must be a high deductible. He said he couldn't afford to fix it, I fail to see how that's my fault, or problem. Had I ran over his dog, hit his child, or his wife, I would have to pay...