Better Ride Quality For EC and CC GMT400/800s Simple and Cheap?

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
I came across this thread the other day, and had never heard mention of it, Apparently GMT900s have a hydraulic rear cab mount, and will fit 400s and 800s, and provide somewhat better ride quality, all in all I think it came out around $100 bucks total in parts, Going to check it out myself and get a parts total, but you guys take a look and see what you think, considering trying this on both my crews personally.

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/bodymounts.html

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
If it is only $100 total, I will do it, and report back. I can get a couple helping hands over here and do a good review soon.

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
A lot of duramax guys have done it, quite a few things if you google the new PN of those bushings. Im going to see if I can find a GM parts guy or someone with a hook up to get a couple cheap, I dont really see a need for a new lower washer, possibly not even the lower busings, Gonna check into it more, and Ill try it when funding allows for sure.

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
If it is only $100 total, I will do it, and report back. I can get a couple helping hands over here and do a good review soon.

Word. Talk to boyett and see if he can get a deal on a couple, Im gonna talk to Beau at SDPD, and a guy on PT that hooked me up on some engine parts that works at a dealer and see what kind of deal I can find.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Never mind, it did say 6 mounts, but that was for comparing the rcsb with the ec and cc

Well, let’s look at what you need to get. This swap involves the rear-most 2 cab mounts (one on each side of the truck). We’ll need a total of 2 of the actual cab mounts from a GMT900 truck (one on each side), we’ll also need 2 lower mount cushions (again one for each side), as well as 2 cushion washers (one per side)…we’ll re-use the stock GMT400 mount bolts, and we’ll also keep the front cab mounts as is.