Best performance upgrade

gordito_bazua

Jul 17, 2014
Arizona
I have a 2007 tahoe lt 2wd with the flex fuel 5.3
I'm looking for a few things and which ones should I go with and why?
I'm looking to do exhaust system, chip, throttle body and intake for now. What's the best for my 07 tahoe 5.3?
a little down the road I'll do a cam and etc.

Thanks in advance!

Before someone else comes in and says it ditch the "chip" idea and instead get a custom tune, it'll make a world of a difference and be much better.

custom tune should be ur first mod and probably best bang for the buck before internal mods. If youve got a 4 speed auto, Id do tune and a trailblazer converter.

Say no to throttle body spacer also, long tubes and a good exhaust setup of your choice, CAI that has box or Airaid MIT

Agreed on all counts. A custom tune will give you the most bang for your buck (arguably) starting out. There are many reputable companies out there that tune now-a-days, there may be one near where you live. If you can't find someone local, look to companies like Black Bear Performance (they're a forum vendor) or Nelson Performance.

Thanks everybody. I already found a local shop. They're going to do full tune with dyno and warranty plus 3" piping magnaflow and aem intake stage 2 dry filter. All for $1400 including labor. Sound about right?