BARBER's 2011 Chevy LML Duramax

I just pulled the trigger on a set of those ebay lights. There was a thread on GMFS that discussed them and a couple ordered a set and they were satisfied with them. One said the plastic tabs were more flexible/flimsy than OEM and the headlight aiming adjuster is on the back of the headlight instead of on top so it makes it hard to aim them.

Steps are off. Billet bowtie on. Removed Z71 stickers and debadged the tailgate except for the Silvy badge. Starting to look like something I'd own. Thinking I'll crank the front level and get it aligned sometime next week.

20150516_094149_zpsgri3ksi1.jpg

Ebay cleared lights showed up yesterday and unboxed them this morning and am pretty pleased with the quality of them. The largest tab on the top is a little bit flexible. Otherwise they seem like a solid light to me. Basing what I can remember of the stock lights I had out of my 08 a couple years back.

20150520_085858_zpszs17tzsh.jpg

20150520_085914_zpszh50vgxf.jpg

20150520_085928_zpssqapjc8j.jpg

All my switchbacks, relays, and HIDs arrived recently as well. I'll take a day here to tear into the front end and wire everything up and get it done.

well that's neat didn't know they made a cheap ebay cleared set of those...hopefully they dont turnout like my nbs cleared ebay lights :nono:

I sealed the hell out of my current set and although they don't leak, the lens has still started to fade :ayfkm:

Spent Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning putting my ebay lights in along with my HIDs and switchbacks. I used Morimoto 5500k HIDs from The Retrofit Source, 6000k switchbacks from Diode Dynamics and resistors from VLEDs. Switchbacks from VLEDs were out of stock. The Morimoto kit wasn't bad. For $150 I would have liked to have seen better connectors from the bulbs to the harnesses. Otherwise it went together very nicely. Everything was labeled and worked out good. I went and siliconed the connections from the harness plug ins to the bulbs to good measure. The switchbacks work great. Had one side hyper flashing and got it working the next morning. My switchbacks are a little more blue than the HIDs. The clear lights aren't bad. You can still adjust the beams from the top using a Phillips screwdriver, but it took a while for them to work.

I also got a OEM fuel filter bowl delete from Fass, Cognito shock extenders, and Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves that I'll try to get on before this weekend. Hoping to get my lift pump on and leveled before then as well.

20150601_194659_zpsz7mbvbkr.jpg

20150601_194649_zpsguzfudln.jpg

20150601_194941_zpsqj41o0gg.jpg

20150601_194527_zps0bashu5s.jpg

Thanks guys I'll have to get some daytime pics tomorrow showing off the headlights and front end.

I eventually want to run some 20s and 33s since the clear is peeling worse than a ginger's first day in the summer sun....

I think some machined Method Standards would be the ticket.

Oh and I also got my billet antenna on from...Jared I think it is. And I also got a cheap vented 5" stainless tip that I'll tack on in place of the factory elephant trunk exhaust.

:eek:kay:

How was the headlight quality in terms of fitment and adjustment and whatnot?
They weren't bad, better than expected. The mounting tabs are a little more flimsy than the stock tabs are. They got a little bit of a flex to them. The stock headlights fit up really nice and tight to the fenders, these did a little less.

The adjusters, you use a Philips screwdriver from the top. I parked 15ft back from my shop door and marked where my factory lights were and I had a hell of a time trying to get the new ones adjusted at first. Turned the adjusters forever before they started to move. I was about ready to start smashing shit with a hammer until they finally started adjusting.

So Monday me and my Dad made a quick trip in town on a parts run. He rode along with me. Pulled up to a red light at an intersection, the car ahead of me slammed on his brakes, so I had to get on mine kind of fast as well. Then 1...2...3...BOOM...I get rear ended. A younger guy driving an older Jeep pickup that had an aftermarket/shop made bumper on the front got me. The D ring tab is what jabbed my bumper. I'm waiting to hear from my insurance adjuster.

Get back home and my Mom pointed out the dent right in the center of the tailgate. If I remember right, he had a prerunner type bar on his bumper and/or some offroad lights. Thinking one of the above kissed my tailgate and left a neat little dent that won't be able to be PDR'd out. I got two shaved tailgate kits sitting around, one for my 08 and I'm thinking of shaving the gate on this thing. Why not!?!? Wasn't until I seen the dent in the tailgate, that then, I was pissed off. I'm also debating about possibly getting some sort of an aftermarket bumper for the rear and do one to match on the front down the road. We'll see.

20150615_132733_zpsjyu2ekys.jpg

20150615_132725_zps219jfwfe.jpg

20150615_132717_zpssw3q5bjj.jpg

20150615_171407_zpsv04mzo0j.jpg

20150615_171418_zpstpucdkbu.jpg

Picked up this guy today, a B&W Tow and Stow hitch. Thinking I'll get one of those BOLT hitch locks and just keep this thing in most of the time.

Snapchat--320540499932527121_zpsxwssrw8q.jpg

In some lighter news, a week ago I got my FASS 150 on. Installation wasn't bad. Ran into some minor problems. I also threw on a FASS fuel delete bowl under the hood. I thought the factory filter was a SOB to change out on my LB7 but shit these LMLs are a real bastard. My LB7 I could change mine under the hood, not this thing! After I got it on, my pump really moaned and whined something fierce. You could hear it driving. So my factory draw straw is restrictive. From what I've gathered that some of the LMLs had three different draw straw versions. So I stuck a Beans Diesel tank sump on just last Sunday. I got longer bolts so I need to get my tank shield back on right away.

Snapchat--4258256068698189292-1_zpssrghyesj.jpg

20150614_165524-1_zpstpxe6qir.jpg

Damn, sucks about the accident. Hopefully you can get the gate shaved and painted out of the deal.

Yes he was, but my adjuster will come and get an estimate of the damage on mine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk