BARBER's 2011 Chevy LML Duramax

Ordered a FASS lift pump yesterday for it.
Really? that blows. you can keep them then
Yea was a little disappointed when I showed up and seen that. Couldn't tell from the online pictures of it. Oh well.
That would be, the I80 truck show would be good too but that's even further for a lot of people
That'd be a good one too. I've been through that truck stop once years ago.

Well took about 45 minutes tonight to pull the bug guard, splash guards, and fender flares off this evening. There's two spots where screws did some damage to the body. A middle screw for the bug guard almost came through the sheet metal on the hood and same again with a screw that held on one of the fender flares. Oh and the flares had double sided tape to attach to the body just like the factory flares do....they didn't remove the red tape to attach them to the body. :facepalm: I'll run some medium compound over the areas where the flares were to clean it up.

Got a billet bowtie, grille and bumper inserts coming. I don't know why I did but I came across a group buy deal on some Cal trac style traction bars so I pulled the trigger on a pair. I really need to get a B&W hitch purchased before I keep buying more parts.

Took the time last night to pull the stupid plastic bedliner out. In the dealer pictures they had up on their website they didn't have this installed. I could see the holes where there was a 5th wheel hitch installed by the previous owner. Wasn't worried about that.

But...I found something else that pissed me off...

20150501_191522_zpsm8xmyinq.jpg

If I want to fix it, the best way would be to pull the bed off. I got a new chest toolbox that will hide it but I'd like to get the bed lined at some point. I sent the salesman a picture of this and he didn't reply back to me.

Also a pic showing the nasty 20s.

20150501_181612_zpsmokww6qr.jpg

I looked this brand of liner up online to see how much they were because I tried selling it locally in hopes someone would snag it up, but no. $300 is what my first search showed. I'm sorry, but I don't know who on Earth would want one of these things. A couple hundred dollars more and you'd have a spray in liner.

Got my winders tinted today. 40% windshield and 15% on all the other windows. This guy's 15 is pretty dark and it shows it. I take it back later to have a brow on the shield done along with some film on the sunroof. I'm gonna drive and see how I like the 15 on the front roll downs and see if I'll live with it or have a second layer put on. Otherwise so far I'm liking it.

You'll also notice the recently installed inserts and I removed my chin spoiler. The other pic shows the rub marks left behind from the flares that need to be buffed out.

20150508_165312_zpssx6hgdrk.jpg

20150508_165327_zps42l5jybf.jpg

20150508_165353_zpsgu3hv1ba.jpg

20150508_165339_zps4ddl8hxa.jpg

Drop in liners blow, I have to patch 88 bed floor from having one in it. Sucks the flares rubbed the pajnt, just another reason to never put them on :imo:

The flares had double sided tape along the outside perimeter, just like a set of factory flares have. They didn't pull the ribbon to stick the flares to the body. That is what rubbed on the paint. I'm positive it will buff out, I just need to take the time to do it.

20150513_140308_zpsiwlbzwpm.jpg

Nothing new. Just a quick list of parts coming or picked up for future activities.

5500k The Retrofit Source/Morimoto HIDs
6k switchbacks from Diode Dynamics (VLEDS were out of stock)
Few other LED bulbs
3M semi rigid plastic repair to clear the headlights with