BARBER

Black on Black
Mar 21, 2012
Owanka, SD
As we all know Shawn is still crying over the sale of his twin turbo'ed LB7 Duramax. But, it was time to an upgrade. That LB7 was the third extended cab I've owned and with me standing at 6'5"...it was time to get some "big boy pants" and get into a crew cab. I'm a fan of the LML motors and my father has a 2013 CCSB that he gets great mileage with and can tow anything he wants.

I searched pretty hard for my next Duramax. I knew I wanted something with black interior, LTZ package, something under 100k for mileage, and something in the mid $30k price range. Came down to a couple that I found during my search and ended up pulling the trigger on an one-owner, local trade '11 CCSB with 82k miles on it located in central Iowa. Cedar Falls to be exact. Placed a deposit on it and started making plans to go get it.

After a few friends backed out on making the trip down to Iowa this last weekend, I miraculously caught a ride with my buddies Dad who had a load of cattle to run down to Dyersville Iowa. Jumped in with him and ran all night down there, switched off driving some and made it in good time. Arrived outside of Waterloo a little after 6:00 in the morning. Called and woke the salesman out of bed. He picked me up at a local gas station, signed the papers, and was headed out of town by 9-9:30.

Only picture I got of it right now

Immediate plans...
Remove bug guard
Remove fender flares
Remove steps
Remove plastic drop-in bedliner
Window tint
Billet grille and bumper inserts
Clear the headlights (get this done soon since the driver's has a condensation problem)
Swap my Kenwood for the OEM touchscreen

Future plans...
Leveling kit with keys, UCAs, and shock extenders
Either upgraded tie rods or sleeves
Colormatch the hood vents, tow mirrors, and tailgate handle
33s on the stock 20s

The first person that says if this thing is getting twins is going to get pistol whipped...

Once the warranty expires...which should be this fall I believe...I'll delete everything, perhaps run a 5in. exhaust, maybe add a WC Fab Y bridge kit and pipes, and then down the road probably build the transmission at some point. I'd like to get a lift pump on it first and then do a CP3 conversion on it before the CP4 takes a shit on me...ESPECIALLY do the conversion once the warranty expires.

Only picture I got for you guys...
10462962_1099011020115341_460531343587722462_n_zpsjakeszut.jpg

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Arrived outside of Waterloo a little after 6:00 in the morning. Called and woke the salesman out of bed. He picked me up at a local gas station, signed the papers, and was headed out of town by 9-9:30.

thanks for the call fgt, you drove by my town twice :bird: but grays on the new truck, looks like a good start

BARBER

Black on Black
Mar 21, 2012
Owanka, SD
Thanks for the comments everyone!

So, when's it getting twins?

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/18/c92ae29435b4eb009c43680f0ceb7192.jpg[IMG]

:cheeky:[/QUOTE]

^This fucking guy

[quote="Tylers88, post: 363703"]thanks for the call fgt, you drove by my town twice :bird: but grays on the new truck, looks like a good start[/QUOTE]

Damn it, if I would have known I probably would have hit ya up. We came in on highway 20 since we was loaded over 80k. Went home going north through Mason City up to Albert Lea, MN.

[quote="roundsy, post: 363705"]Congrats! Please cm the front bumper cap, that does so much for the front end! Lgb![/QUOTE]

I think I'll leave the bumper alone besides a grille insert in the center. I'll need to plan on a front replacement sometime. I REALLY, REALLY wish I hadn't sold that Fab Fours bumper I had on my '08 because it would have lined up to this 2011. I want to do a bumper like that again. May have it Rhino Lined to match the paint.

[quote="Kyles03, post: 363687"]Congrats again Shawn, plans sound excellent. I'm loving my first crew cab as well![/QUOTE]

Thanks, yea I'm not used to all these extra window switches!

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Damn it, if I would have known I probably would have hit ya up. We came in on highway 20 since we was loaded over 80k. Went home going north through Mason City up to Albert Lea, MN.

:bruh: I'm like 20 miles north of 20 and like 15 west of 35, o well next time you come through. we really need to get a meet to get with IA, MN and the Dakotas

BARBER

Black on Black
Mar 21, 2012
Owanka, SD
Yes, that will be coming off as well. One thing I forgot to mention, one of the first things I'll add to it is a B&W flip over ball hitch.

BARBER

Black on Black
Mar 21, 2012
Owanka, SD
Ill be :foreveralone: in Jeep but would still go. My local drag strip is having a diesel night this summer.
There's a bug semi truck show and sled pulls in Kasson, MN that I always thought would be a good spot for a meet.
Nice! when you get tired of them 20's send them my way plz k thanks
The clear on all 4 of the rims are all peeling. Looks like crap.
do you still have the '08?
Yes. Never letting that thing go.