BARBER's 2003 Chevy LB7 Duramax

Ah damn it...I never thought about the paint underneath being bad. I need to do some buffing on the paint sometime soon and when I do it I should pull the flares and check underneath them.

With all the worrying you have to do where you live in regards to the gravel roads I figured that would be the first thing you did haha.

Eh, you can tell this thing has seen mostly highway miles. But yes that needs to be on my list. When my GMC spears show, hopefully I'll tear into the flares and do a little buffing on the paint.

Granted its a 99-02....but...HNNNNNGGGG...

Screenshot_2013-07-26-13-06-08_zps5553f27c.png

Bad news...I figured I better start saving my pennies for injectors. I'm thinking that is coming sooner than I expected. It smokes a little more and more at startup and at an idle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

going bigger while your in there?

Might as well. The "updated" injectors for those trucks to fix the problem are the exact same ones, and they're just as prone to failure. I'd go with a good set of aftermarket sticks for peace of mind.

Wanting to go 15% over. I've been looking at some of the Industial Injection ones. New they are $342 ea. I think. Reman units are $259 ea. Going to replace all the fuel lines when I'm in there as well. Full rebuild. Then want to either do a CAT fuel filter with the filter adapter OR do a lift pump/filter setup so I can be getting nice clean fuel delivered with the new injectors. Wish I had even more money and I'd replace the head gaskets and do head studs while I have it apart, but damn I'm really going to have to dig up money just for the injectors alone!

where are u getting sticks so cheap? Xenergy want's $2000 for tips and $4500 for 88 new injectors for my LLY FTS.

also 15% isn't really worth it IMO 45% at a bare minimum. I'm going 90% over.

The one I have is the nicktane one. Its an adapter to the oem location with a single filter

Yea that's the "CAT filter adapter" up on the passenger side. I found a guy within South Dakota selling a brand new Air Dog 100 lift pump setup with new filters, $500 to my door. Do that, and then do the CAT filter adapter and CAT filter up on the motor the same time I swap the injectors.

where are u getting sticks so cheap? Xenergy want's $2000 for tips and $4500 for 88 new injectors for my LLY FTS.

also 15% isn't really worth it IMO 45% at a bare minimum. I'm going 90% over.

Been looking at Industrial Injections website...for example the LB7 reman injectors, either 15% or 20% over are $259 each. Whereas new ones, either size once again, are priced at $342 each. Keep in mind, that either of their injectors have a $200 core charge on top of them. That's another $1,600 right there.

Finally started throwing A LOT of money at this thing. Just picked it up this afternoon from getting brand new 30% over injectors from Industrial Injection. Before it went in on Wednesday I put a Pro Fab turbo horn on, rebuilt the filter head with a CAT filter adapter and a 2 micron CAT filter, Air Dog 100 lift pump went on, Edge CTS Insight with a EGR probe, Autometer fuel pressure and boost gauges, PPE boost valve, and lastly a set of 20s and 35s that I picked up from a friend of mine.

IMG_20131114_223126_zps9703db69.jpg

A few weeks ago I got it tinted. 5% on the roll ups and 15% on the back three.
Hope to debadge it this weekend. Got handles to paint and put on. Want to do painted tows too.