Bagged NBS Thread (99-07c) Pics & Discussion

Anything thats sharp can be deterred by the rubber insulating layer he added and congratulations on you relays, bet you wish you took the time to clear for your driveshaft so it would've lasted that long after bagging it.

Damn man, you don't get the point of the post. It's his choice, but just because you think it's overkill doesn't mean it's a waste. IMO a bagged truck that will lay in the back and not the front is a waste. Do I come out of the blue and say your decision is waste of your money? No.

You're the type that can't be reasoned with because you have your excuse for everything and a teenage mini truckers outlook on air ride.

What exactly is sharp that will be deterred by the rubber that would have hurt a piece of stainless steel? A razor blade flying down the freeway goin to cut open a stainless line?

No just wish I woulda done the two piece while I had the bed off and the tank out.

My shit maybe mayate as all fuck but I did it on my own with my own money and I'm a lot smarter now then I was then, and just cause I mayated the fuck out of a bag job on the first try doesn't mean I dont know how to do shit right

Oh and my shit doesn't lay at all front or back

Sent from a secure terminal using the classified military network

When/if i re-do my rear link setup to make it a bit easier on the eyes i want to try this: Transair Quick Connection Piping : Air : Water : Gas Pipe

The blue piping goes perfectly with the color scheme ive got in my head, and its easy to disassemble and repair...plus i get it cheeeap from work. Only issue is that the pipes come in hard joints, so i would have to get really creative to minimize the fittings used. Either way, i do want hardline someday - my lines are ran pretty clean and are all loomed, but its hard to beat bent hardline.

There are plenty of things that can be on a highway. I've seen a ton of metal shards and scrap metal pulled from tires. I've had a small rail road tie go through a tire on my boat trailer. So there's a ton of stuff that could be deterred. That's just if we're talking about driving. There's a lot of stuff that could happen if you get tools around the lines.

I did mine on my own with my own money. Wicked does his on his own with his own money. The difference being, we aren't coming out and bashing someone else's decision to add extra security for they're own peace of mind.

You have all the help in the world to keep you from fucking shit up but you don't listen to anything or ask any questions. You do it, then it fucks up, and then you redo it.

You far from being the first so don't act like you need to experiment on your truck. Maybe ask questions and listen to what more experienced people have to say instead of having your head so far up your own ass, that you bash anything anyone else does as a waste because you don't agree. You have had some of the worst ideas for air ride I've ever heard. Dual port bags, multiple valves per bag, 1" valves, air cylinders on drag blocks. Those are just the ones I can remember right now.

Last edited:
Not my truck do whatever u want wasting ur own money

Sent from a secure terminal using the classified military network

Yes.. Yes, 15$ is wasted when it's added protection that's doing its job. I've never had anyone talk shit about overdoing a job that makes it that much more reliable. "but ok"

It would be a waste of money if something still ruptures the line. If nothing ever happens then its not a waste.

Maybe one day you will build a truck the right way the first time and actually enjoy it. Instead of riding around cali'd as fuck because you aren't tubbed and can't lay.

I don't usually get into these arguments but the fact that you are hating on wicked's decision to build his truck with extra protection because he drives it daily and your truck is far from the point his is, is appalling to me.

You shouldn't try to put someone down when you aren't even to the same point in a build as they are.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I had something typed up last night along those lines, but decided not to say it. Glad someone did hah

Wanna see sone pics of that... Do the hardline connects to braided line then connects to bag?

I have hardlines coming off the tank to the vu4. Then off the vu4 to the rear bags its just the braided line since my lines I had worked out perfect. Then I have hardline running up to about the tranny crossmember, and then my braided line hooks up to the hardline right there and runs through the frame to the front bag. All hidden inside the frame rail, and cut a hole in the bag cup for it to connect into the bag.

Thinking of cutting off front spring perches and making my own brackets, or atleast bracing the pocket. I think I've read about them bending after being trimmed. Is this true?

Thinking of cutting off front spring perches and making my own brackets, or atleast bracing the pocket. I think I've read about them bending after being trimmed. Is this true?

Yeah, I have heard it is true if you cut too much off. As long as you dont cut out the bracing for that hole (where the airline is going in my picture), and any bracing from the side opposite that hole I have heard you will be fine - mine have been like this awhile and i havent noticed any stress cracking or bending. I trimmed as much as I could and used a bigasshammer to clearance it and my bags dont rub (firestone 2600s).

yuIv7E4.jpg

taken right after trimming some more - excuse the mess...

Just did this last night. I added some doublers at the supposed stress point. If they do rip I will just put the specialty suspension bracket.
A1AED3BC-57D2-4746-AD7E-BAA0F6589A21-22692-00000C2C9E30586A.jpg