bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
I am about to order my bonspeed 24's. I am going to run 24x10 on the back and 24x8.5 on the front. My question is this...

I will be narrowing my rear to run the smallest backspacing I can. Question is what is the smallest backspacing I can run without running into issues with my leaf plate or anything else?

Thanks guys/gals

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
I ordered them yesterday, just haven't given him a backspacing just yet. I talked with the guy from Draztik on fb with the blue Chevy and he is running 4" backspacing with the racelines likes yours Peyton and he mentioned no problems at all, so if nobody can give me a better answer I think I will go that route, should give me about a 7" lip in the back

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
You can run 4" backspacing. The thing that usually gets in the way is the brake caliper but since you probably have drums it won't apply to you

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
You can run 4" backspacing. The thing that usually gets in the way is the brake caliper but since you probably have drums it won't apply to you

Currently I have drums, but will upgrade the brakes. I want to either run wilwoods or baers in the future...so being that is something I would like to account for in the future, what should I look out for when accounting for this?

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
Currently I have drums, but will upgrade the brakes. I want to either run wilwoods or baers in the future...so being that is something I would like to account for in the future, what should I look out for when accounting for this?

thats something hard to look out for when converting from drums to discs. i'm not sure where the caliper sits after installing them. thats something you may have to address when you actually want to get it done.

factory rear discs on trucks, depending on how much drop you run, may get in line with your leafs and limit the amount narrowing you're able to do unless when you get the axle narrowed you have the ends rotated enough to clear the leafs. without knowing where things begin its hard to tell if and how things need to be changed.

bayousam

May 8, 2012
Zachary, LA
thats something hard to look out for when converting from drums to discs. i'm not sure where the caliper sits after installing them. thats something you may have to address when you actually want to get it done.

factory rear discs on trucks, depending on how much drop you run, may get in line with your leafs and limit the amount narrowing you're able to do unless when you get the axle narrowed you have the ends rotated enough to clear the leafs. without knowing where things begin its hard to tell if and how things need to be changed.

understood. Thanks for the info brett. I will just cross that bridge when I get there. 4" backspacing it is.

up4rdn@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2014
I have a 87 chevy 4x4 on 38's and a 12" lift, this truck is all over the road you hit a bump and you are in a ditch! I need suggestions on keeping it on the road safely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk